fuel system upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 05:17 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel system upgrades

alright guys I need some help. I am getting ready to upgrade my HPOP. While I'm in there I was going to do a DIY RR, and the Hutch mod. So here are my questions, 1) I have seen plans on building a RR kit but I can't find them anymore, does anyone have a link to one? 2) I know I will need to add fuel filters at the pump. I plan on adding a water sep before the fuel pump and then the filter after the pump. does anyone have plans for the filters, I've seen second factory pumps added, Do I really need to add a second pump? and I've seen ball valves before and after the filter assembly, Do I need these? And should I increase fuel line size?
HPOP is going to be the T500,
eventual upgrades will be stage 1's, 38r, WW2

I already have 4" Diamond Eye Turbo Back Exhaust, 6637, Gauges, F5 Chip

Thanks guys

03, F350, 7.3, CC, Dually, 2WD

Last edited by bulldogsf350; 08-01-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

theres r.r kits or diy also. You can r.r. the fuel and keep the fuel bowl for filtering....hutch mod is nothing more then a 33007 filter before pump and keep the fuel bowl filter. Or install a spin on with base from fleetfilter..(its what i did). The factory fuel pump is all thats needed.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Timmy, where did you put your fleetfilter?? Pics? Thx
Old 08-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Not another PowerPoint

For the price of an Airdog you can build your own system with an A1000 and including the RR syetem. There's many ways to do a fuel system. Not to hate on airdogs they have they pros and cons I ran into many problems with mine.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to rufushusky
With RR systems, options are all over the map. For smaller injectors I would just do a hutch and FRX and keep the factory fuel bowl. Just keep it simple IMHO.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mram10 View Post
Timmy, where did you put your fleetfilter?? Pics? Thx
installed pre-pump
Old 08-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Not another PowerPoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufushusky View Post
With RR systems, options are all over the map. For smaller injectors I would just do a hutch and FRX and keep the factory fuel bowl. Just keep it simple IMHO.
Yeah i was going to same the same thing lol
Old 01-05-2014, 06:42 AM

ok guys i finally got all of the parts for my RR system w/Fuel bowl delete, replacement filters and in tank mods. So here are my questions, I have a fuel/water seperator and a 5 micron filter. I have seen some people put either 1 or 2 fuel pumps between the 2 filters while still keeping the factory pump. I know i will need atleast 1 pump in between the filters but do i need 2. also what about the factory pump, will i still need it if i do the 2 pumps in between the filters.
i'm looking at some stage 2's, 38R w/WW2, T500. I already have intake, exhaust and a chip.
Thanks again guys for all of your knowlwdge
Old 01-05-2014, 09:30 AM

I would buy a fuel pressure gauge and do the hutch mod for now.
If you insist on spending a little more, do the FRx as well.

There is no point on spending $500 on a fuel system if you have no idea what it's doing at full throttle.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:39 PM

Here is a link to the basic DIY RR and fuel bowl delete I want to doo this spring Home Brew Fuel System for my Early 99 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel
I am going to use Summit Racing brand stuff instead of areoquip. Look at Parker's Racor line for filters and etc. I recommend a fuel heater if you live up north. I have been having freezing filters with this 20 below temps here. I did the hutch mod and used napa filters and filter mount. Racor sells a heated separator / filter with a water in fuel sensor which is nice to remind you to drain the water especially if you delete the factory 7.3 filter assy. I had to replace one on my old OBS and it cost over $500. I wish I was on this site back than. oh well hindsight is 20/20. racor also has an all in one filter pump setup. you only need one fuel pump in my opinion.

Between the hutch mod and a RR you will have a much smoother running powerstroke. getting rid of the fuel bowl can eliminate expensive repairs if it leaks and spin on filters are cheaper than our factory ford ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.