Opinions on this truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Opinions on this truck

I am looking to buy a new truck with less miles on it and came across this one. 2000 Ford Super Duty F-250 for sale in Newtown Square - 1FTNX21FXYEE21609 - O'Reilly Buick GMC

Looks extremely clean. Couple questions though. It looks like it has a 38r because of the air intake that attaches to the turbo. It also looks like it has a chip in it because of the knob on the left hand side of the dash.

What would be easy ways to find out who's tunes this truck has and whether or not it has an aftermarket turbo and injectors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 AM

i think your assumptions are correct for turbo and tunes being from a reputable person/company.. Injector wise, you'll have to remove the vc's.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:57 AM

That's the thing though, I don't know who's tunes they are, or what they are. And will the injectors say what they are if I take the VCs off?
Old 07-24-2013, 11:01 AM

I'd buy that truck in a second. If it test drove well I would be all over it.

You could probably send the tuner off to a programmer like Gearhead and they might be able to tell you who wrote the tunes and/or what injectors ( ex.175/80%) the tunes were written for.

Again, it appears to be a very well taken care of truck.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 PM

I figure I'll ask the dealer and hopefully (doubt it) they will have records on the truck. If not I guess I can always just send the chip to someone if that is possible. What would I be looking for on the injectors if I pulled the covers to see if they are stock or not?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ranger30 View Post
I figure I'll ask the dealer and hopefully (doubt it) they will have records on the truck. If not I guess I can always just send the chip to someone if that is possible. What would I be looking for on the injectors if I pulled the covers to see if they are stock or not?
i wouldnt offer TOO MUCH info on truck, based on what you already/suspicion about. They may jack the price up..
Old 07-24-2013, 06:32 PM

Looks sharp that's for sure.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 PM

Nice looking truck, I might jump all over that it I was looking for a truck. But I sure wouldn't give them what they are asking for it.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Premium Member

I wouldn't be all over that truck. It's clean and all, but it's an ECLB. Those are everywhere. If it's what you want, that's great, but they don't cost much more than an RCLB. I payed two grand less for a 160,000 mile CCSB Lariat. A couple of dings in my paint, but my oil doesn't get dark until it's about due for an oil change. I have 3,500 on this oil and I still have to play the tilt game to verify level. For that truck, not checking it out myself, just assuming that pics don't lie, I'd offer $9k and not feel bad if I paid $10,500 for it. If I paid $11k, I'd feel bad. If I paid more than $11k, I'd seriously contemplate shooting myself in the foot to verify my stupidity. But, that's also for my area, and regions do play a part in value.

Now, I did get very lucky in that the PO took great mechanical care of the truck I bought. I like to pretend that's the norm, but it's not. In regards to extended cabs, I found several with less miles that were below $10K. It was really hard to not jump on one of those. There is a flip side, and that's reliability. You can pay $6k for a truck and have to drop another $10k in parts for it. But, you can pay $14k and have to drop another $10k into it. If it looks good and everything checks out, it's a good deal. Due diligence is on you though. The dealer/seller isn't going to say "yeah, it's been a good truck, but...". If he/she/they are against you getting a third party check done, then walk away. Once you sign the line, all problems that haunt the truck are your problems, not theirs... Check it yourself, bring it to another dealer for a thorough check, do what you need to do. Dealer checks cost money, so check the simple stuff yourself to save $$.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:28 AM

What are things to look for? I assume check the oil, trans fluid, and blowby? And of course just the common leaks and what not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.