Where to shop for 99-03 7.3s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where to shop for 99-03 7.3s

Hey I'm obviously a new member, but I have been in the market for a 99-03 7.3 4x4 crew cab for the past few months and I have been looking at these forums and doing my research. I have been looking on ebay, craigslist, etc. So far for a crew cab 4x4 of this engine type, with mileage ranging from 110k-200k, the prices range from 15k-18k depending on modifications, condition (exterior/interior), etc. I am wondering if anyone here has a better site for searching for the truck I want. Location of the vehicle for sale is more or less a non issue, as I am willing to fly almost anywhere for a good deal and drive it back. If I am going about it right and just coming up unlucky so far, oh well. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check the "For Sale" forums here and on the powerstrokearmy websites. I have seen really nice trucks there.

Found mine on AutoTrader in AZ (no rust!) and had it shipped to me.

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:35 AM

Looked on Craigslist almost daily for about 6 months and then ended up finding mine on Autotrader.

They are hard vehicles to find when you have specific wants and needs but if your patient enough the wait will be well wort it.

Found mine at a Toyota dealership that a guy had just traded in. I was the first one to look at it and told the guy i was buying it within 5 min of looking it over. Dont hesitate on one you think will be the winner, it will be gone before you know it.

And i will have to agree that 15 to 18+ is the going rate.

I paid 13 for mine cause Toyota had no idea what they had. Only 150K miles, body and interior were in great shape with service records from the day she was born with oil changes ever 3K miles and fuel filter ever 6K miles. I got very lucky with my find.

Ford gave my dad $22K for his 02 he traded in in 2011 and it sold 2 days later for $26K but it was immaculate like it just came off the showroom floor with only 80K miles on it.

Good luck with your search!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarportMechanic View Post
I paid 13 for mine cause Toyota had no idea what they had. Only 150K miles, body and interior were in great shape with service records from the day she was born with oil changes ever 3K miles and fuel filter ever 6K miles. I got very lucky with my find.
Unfortunately, almost all dealer postings I have seen are adding about a 5 to 8k markup on these trucks. There aren't many dealers that don't know what they have. I am trying to stick with private party sellers. I haven't really used autotrader. It seemed cumbersome as a search tool for vehicles, but I will give it another shot.

My situation is that I am not quite able to purchase yet, but I will be in another month or so. It is so painful to see a truck posted that is almost exactly what you want, but you know that you cannot tell the guy, "Hey hang on to that for me"
Old 07-08-2013, 10:46 AM

If you don't have the money; it just hurts to look. Especially if you see something you really want but can't buy it becasue you dont have the $$. However, it does not cost anything to look. When you have the money really start looking and if you find a nice truck that you like get it.

The 7.3 is in demand these days so don't wait too long on one if you like it and have the cash to buy it.

Good luck!

Last edited by rascal; 07-08-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Changed my mind about to look or not to look
Old 07-08-2013, 11:29 AM

2001 Ford F350 Super Duty Diesel

F250 7.3 L LARIAT DIESEL - LOADED

2000 Ford diesel truck

2001 ford f350 diesel 4x4 crew cab

2000 ford f350 diesel, crew cab 4x4, for sale or trade

Lifted 1999 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel with 05 Front End

F250

2002 Ford F350 Super Duty Diesel

Ford diesel

2000'FORD F-350 SUPERDUTY 7.3 DIESEL if anything, needs injector cups

you get the point...this was 2-pages just in "inland empire" section.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Handpicked western trucks in Leon, Virginia. He specializes in the 7.3, among other dependable diesel motors. He only buys well kept trucks, mileage not so much an issue as long as he knows the history of the truck. Best place i have ever found for looking for a 7.3. Handpicked Western Trucks, LLC: Diesel Pickup Trucks for Sale (Used) in Leon, Va
Really, really nice guy and very trustworthy.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:38 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
CL is great, wasn't even looking for a truck, but found mine on there. Guy had no pictures and was asking 8K, i picked it up for 6900. It had some body damage and needed the inside clean, but only had 160K and was 4x4. Cleaned the inside and i am currently replacing some wear parts. Just have to be lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.