Suggestions on Tuner?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suggestions on Tuner??

I have an 01 F250 7.3 nothing done yet other than just straight pipe and foil delete. I am putting a 6637 filter next week. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on who I should talk to or what I should get Tuner wise. I want to roal coal of course but I was hoping for a good econ stage. A custom tune would be preferred because I want to keep my truck happy and healthy. She has 150000 on her babied until about 120000 then I started romping on it... It was my dads before me. Never had a tuner or anything and i'm in Twin Falls ID so any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7pointTHR33 View Post
I have an 01 F250 7.3 nothing done yet other than just straight pipe and foil delete. I am putting a 6637 filter next week. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on who I should talk to or what I should get Tuner wise. I want to roal coal of course but I was hoping for a good econ stage. A custom tune would be preferred because I want to keep my truck happy and healthy. She has 150000 on her babied until about 120000 then I started romping on it... It was my dads before me. Never had a tuner or anything and i'm in Twin Falls ID so any suggestions?
Roaling coal is rolling coal is also

I suggest you sell your powerstroke and get a cummins.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 PM
back in the saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
Roaling coal is rolling coal is also

I suggest you sell your powerstroke and get a cummins.
A little harsh... But I agree with your point.

OP: Forget dumping smoke. It makes an owner look like an idiot. You're new so I'll cut you some slack... My advice would be a custom tuned multi position chip from the tuner of your choice. Even the old 7.3 can make a decent amount of power and with stock injectors you're not going to dump an excessive amount of smoke, other than a puff when you first mash the throttle.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We do not write any tunes for smoke, but would be happy to get you setup with a chip and tunes. Check out all we have available HERE.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

DP is the way I went. Great customer service! They will help personalize it for you and your requirements.

Ryan
Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I was in your boat a few weeks ago, I have a 246,000 mile truck that I was really hesitant on putting tunes in it, I spoke with Justin at DP Tunes and had a few e-mails from Jody. They where great at answering my questions, my thing was I also have PHP right around the corner, what are the chances that the top 2 tuners are within driving distance. On the same hand PHP (Jay) contacted me after I had e-mailed them about thier Hydra chip, and he was just as helpful and Justin, it boiled down too the Hydra chip it was the best bang for my buck (17 tuning spot's). And Jay as been more than helpful since the install a week ago, he's even sent my an e-mail asking about how everything was going, and when I was at the shop having him install the chip, Bill and his wife treated me like family, so for anyone that's heard that PHP lacks in customer service, that's changed they get 2 thumbs up in my book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
powerstroke, suggestion, tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.