Almost made out of the parking lot.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 04:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Almost made out of the parking lot..

Went to leave work today, put it in gear gave it a bit of gas and pop it went I had no power steering or brakes. I pull it forward into a spot get out and it's pissing fluid out. Pop the hood and start looking at the lines and the high pressure hose felt loose, I give it a tug and it comes right out of the fitting on the pump. Luckily I got a co worker who lives close to give me a ride home went and picked up the hose and a new pump for the hell of it. I'm glad it let loose in the parking lot instead of when I was going down the highway. Should be easy to swap out the hose in the parking lot. I'm hoping I don't have to bleed the system I only drove about 50 ft or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Same thing happen to me and the same fitting let go also. I'm also sure that you lost all the fluid also. As for bleeding it all you do is add fluid and turn the wheel from lock to lock.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:35 PM

Yea I really don't want to take my floor jack to work and do all that in the parking lot but I guess I will what a pain in the ***.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:24 AM

happened to me too. i was up playing in the mud above my house.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:01 PM

Well the fitting didn't seem like it was wanting to come out of the pump so I jammed the line back in filled it up, jacked up the front pumped the brakes and ran the steering through and drove it home. Didn't leak but wanted to change the hose anyway so like I said couldn't get the fitting out pulled the pump and have a damn hard time getting the pulley off going to go get a puller in the morning didn't want to mess up the pulley trying to get it off. Hopefully Ill have it fixed quickly need the truck tomorrow afternoon.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:03 AM

Mine went out in a parking lot too. So i made a cardboard and grease sandwich and put tht under my tires. (2 pieces of cardboard with grease in the middle) you can go from lock to lock with ease. especially if you have 38" tires.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:46 PM

Got the hose replaced and went ahead and replaced the pump also now I have what I believe is air in the system. I tried the whole deal or removing the hose from the hydra boost and turning the wheel while pumping the brakes and all that did was waste a quart of good fluid any ideas? Or should I just let it work itself out?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:35 PM

Just try turning lock to lock for a while to purge the air out and make sure you keep enough fluid in the res. I wouldnt say you wasted a good qt of fluid, id imagine it helped flush out the remaining old fluid. A typical flush uses up a good 3qts of good fluid, lol
Old 07-09-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
Just try turning lock to lock for a while to purge the air out and make sure you keep enough fluid in the res. I wouldnt say you wasted a good qt of fluid, id imagine it helped flush out the remaining old fluid. A typical flush uses up a good 3qts of good fluid, lol
Yea I know it holds more than a qt just didn't want to waste that much since I recently flushed all the old fluid out. I just want it to stop making the whining noise. Oh well I'll mess with it some more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.