monitor question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
monitor question

I had to put a new transmission in my 02 7.3 last week. I am looking in to buy a monitor to watch transmission temp and a few other things. Was looking at the Edge Insight CTS monitor. What will it monitor on the 02 and does anyone with the same year have one and if so how do you like it? I also looked at the bully dog and scan gague along with the edge insight cs. I don't want to be sinking my money into something that want work. Not sure if this makes a difference but I tow a 322qbs 5th wheel by keystone. I'm guessing around 12000 lbs loaded. What all should I be monitoring while towing down the road. Was towing this last week in the mountains when transmission went out. Had 140,000 miles on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am slow learning alot from this site and am thankful to be able to a member here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 AM
Premium Member

I have the Insight CTS with the EGT probe. Works great. It monitors everything the PCM sees, plus the EGT. I use all 8 gauges that I can, still wanting a couple more.

The two biggest things to watch are tranny temp and EGT, especially when towing. The dummy gauge on the dash won't tell you the tranny is over heating until after you burn it up.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dp tuner Infinity. Plus you get AE similar software. Its a bit pricey though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the info probably going with the cts just waiting on a little ot to pay for it.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

upgrade the tiny 7.3 trans cooler to the 6.0 cooler.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ordered the cts last night. When they changed out the tranny the put a new cooler in.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Got my insight cts in today and hooked up to truck really simple. Set up my gauges the way I like. Noticed that the boost gauge is showing 0 all the time did i do something wrong or does that not work on the 02 f250? Thanks
Old 07-10-2013, 06:19 PM

Is it showing 0 while your driving?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

drove it to work today it is working. I went wopt and only saw 16 psi of about mabe 1/10 mile. When I did that my oil temp went to about 197 198 degrees is this normal temp? I have heard that tranny temp and oil temp should be within 15 20 degrees of each other but tranny temp was only around 140. Just had the coolant flushed and refilled monday. Just got my egt probe in mail today plain on install sat.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:34 PM

First of all if you got the CTS hooked up under your dash then your only seeing what your computer is showing. If you want to be more precise then you need to add on or stack the probes/sensors to read directly from the (ex) turbo,tranny,egt, etc you get the drift. Now if you truck is modded you should put a AIH delete kit and monitor turbo boost there I also recommend a boost fooler as well if you don't already have one. If your truck is stock then you will only read turbo boost up to like 20 psi then you will de-fuel you will see this on the CTS display. I have one and it work great but the critical things I monitor I bought additional sensors. Good luck and enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.