Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

IDM ?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  INFRNL 
#1 ·
Had my truck at ford and either my idm or my injector wiring harness needs replaced. Don't want to pat ford prices. any recommendations an getting a reman idm. Riffraff has the harness for $40.

#2 ·
Swamps Diesel sells an high voltage high frequency IDM for $275. By the looks of your mods,it would be perfect on your truck. I can tell a difference on my truck,better throttle response,but with aftermarket performance injectors I think you'll have even better results and its cheaper than a Ford IDM.

#4 ·
Beans has an idm for 150 I believe, should get similar results. However I kind of doubt its the idm but I could be wrong.

I would start with the under valve cover harnesses first

Also the hv idm is not for everyone, it makes the pedal a lot touchier compared to your current php tunes.

#7 ·
To the op, you can ohm out the uvch from the outside plugs. This will tell you right away if you have an uvch issue. Only takes about 5 mins. Maybe the uvch worked loose, do the 50c mod.

I still doubt its the idm. If you lived in colo, I could let you try my stock spare so you dont waste your money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.