Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

PCM Died

681 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  blue99stroker 
#1 ·
Just looking for a bit of advice. I have a 2000 F350 4X4 CC LB with the usual mods; Zoodad, 4 inch turbo back, AEM intake, IAS delete, 6 inch lift, 35s, gauges, trans valve body upgrade, and DP tuner. My truck has about 190k miles and runs very well.

On my way to vacation through VA beach it started runing very rough and lost power (but would start). I had towed to a local Ford for diagnosis (which could not happen on the WE since there was no mechanic on duty). They called me in a few days and told me the PCM was dead and needed replacing. $1300 including tow and diagnosis.

My question: did my installation of the DP tuner have anything to do with this? I installed it about 2 years and 20K miles ago. Is it "normal" to have the PCM go out before 200K miles.

Thanks for any feedback/advice.

#2 ·
1300! :taze:

im surprised it didn't take them 5 minutes to figure out was wrong let alone a few days.

if the chip somehow came lose it could cause that. but if its snug then id say no.

i hope they ruled out the cps as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.