New 7.3 owner questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 09:07 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 7.3 owner questions

Hello all,

I am new to the diesel world and wanted something for a decent size toy hauler and due to many suggestions I bought a 2002 CCSB with 111,000 miles. Current upgrades are 4" turbo back exhaust, rear air bags, Juice with Attitude, Airaid intake, brake controller and trans temp gauge. It also has some triple fuel filter system underneath the truck with an aftermarket fuel pump that was put on just before I bought it (looks like three decent size oil filters in a row followed by a very loud fuel pump).

What I'm wondering is what else should I know or look for in a truck with that amount of miles. Also what are some good next steps to upgrade\replace?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Most say ditch the Juice pgmr as they tend to eat up the transmission. Take a pic of your fuel filter system. Curious to what it is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-18-2013, 09:30 AM

Hmm, well I'm open to suggestions on a good replacement tuner\programmer then

Here is a pic of the fuel system.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
New 7.3 owner questions-fuel-filter.jpg  
Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

As long as the pump can maintain 50-65 psi you'll be just fine. If it drops below into the 40's for extended periods of time it will cause you injector problems.

Is each filter a different part number? They could be different micron rating stepped down. If they are all the same then there is no real advantage of running them in series like that. Once the first one plugs up the other two can't get any fuel to filter anyway. I would go something like 10-5or3 micron in series and put a water block instead of a third filter. It would be a pain to plumb them in parallel and use 3 of the same filters. Contact your local Napa to help you with filter part num's.

As per programmers. DP tuner, PHP, TW, Gearhead are all very good. PHP and TW can be very difficult to get ahold of if you have issues though.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 AM

hucorey,

I'll check into the PSI. The truck runs fine but I did think it was odd they used three filters. If PSI Seems off I'll use different micron ratings or just find a way to delete two of the filters. We'll see, that's why I'm on here!

If anyone else wants to chime in on anything else all info is greatly appreciated as suggested upgrades\maintenance!

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I would not change the setup. Its is a very good one. Just not sure of the pump. It doesnt look familiar. Not saying its bad, i just dont know what it is by the pic. Keep all the housings and just make sure the filters are setup correct.
If you still have the fuel bowl on the engine then I wouldn't worry too much about the water block.

FYI. Bobtheoilguy is a very good forum for this kind of stuff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.