PHP or DP Tune's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP or DP Tune's

I've done alot of searching and reading about these 2 tuner's, the reason I like these 2 guys is because both are about 10 minute's from my house, what are the odds of that I have a 2000 CCSRW with a 245,000+ miles that in those miles I've only had the CPS issue (Thank God)

Specs:
Stock motor 245,000miles
4" exhuast from the downpipe back
Airaid intake system
Jasper HD transmission
ISSPRO EGT,Tranny Temp gauges

I'm loooking for a tune that will increase the towing power, because I have a 8,000lb+ Keystone TT that it struggles going up hills etc... on flat ground she runs great. I also want it too not destroy the almost perfectly running truck, I mean I've kept really good care of it, with regular oil changes, fuel filter's, etc...

And the final key is the cost, I can not spend and huge amount of money, I see that DP has a chip or program for just over $200 but it might not be what I need, and PHP has so much info I can't figure it out, yes call me stupid but their information is huge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
We've got several members in the GPDA that run Bill's tunes (PHP) on their 7.3 and 6.0 - and they're very happy with them. DP Tuner is great too, I've known a few guys personally that love Jody's tuning. Either way, it's a win win.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I think you wont go wrong either way. I have a php and love it. makes it a totally different truck. by the way it is the phoenix 6 position. I keep mine on 80hp dd
Old 06-16-2013, 06:19 AM

I run DP Tuners on both my trucks... yeller dually has had one for about 5 years. 80 hp econo 95% of the time. I am pleased with performance and customer support.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:09 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
As has been said, they're both quality tunes. I went with PHP though because I was unhappy with DP's being less than honest here by having Diane, over the HID ballasts interference with their poorly designed hardware, posting over & over that it was the "cheap HID Kits" and not their product that was at fault.

Turns-out, and they finally "copt to it" by offering a retrofit solution, All HIDs produced enough RF to effect their design (their Hardware not Software). All this in the face of No Other Tuner having the same difficulties

SO, if you're considering HIDs (as I already had them), it's something to think about...
Old 06-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Emergency Services

Having run both, PHP all the way. Their custom service is lacking, but their product is far superior.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Premium Member

I run PHP and I love it. I kept it in 65DD until I got gauges, now I keep it in 100 Perf most of the time. The truck runs great. I've only put about 10K miles with the chip, but it hasn't skipped a beat.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Crewcab7.3 View Post
Having run both, PHP all the way. Their custom service is lacking, but their product is far superior.
X2 about customer service. But their tunes are pretty decent and good power. I switched to Gearhead. Pretty much same power levels except the high HP tunes have much less smoke and shift points are tremendously better with Gearhead.

At least you live only 10 min from Bill, so if you needed something changed you can at least go over there and pester him.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

As I stated in the other forum, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about our products or tunes. I would be more than happy to help you out.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 AM

+1 For PHP, get the Hydra and try whoevers tunes you want. Best of both worlds IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.