DiPricol Gauge Installation Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DiPricol Gauge Installation Questions

Greetings everyone.I am getting ready to install DiPricol boost and pyro gauges on my '00 PSD.The instructions are very vauge.In fact,the only probe installation instructions i can find are on the Splash website,and they are for Western Diesel gauges.Those instructions recommend drilling and tapping the intake plenum to obtain the boost reading.They say the t-fitting is for 94-97 PSD's.Would i obtain a false reading if i used the t-fitting method on my '00?As for the pyro,the Western Diesel instructions say that a 1/4" NPT tap would be used for the thermocouple.A 7/16" drill bit would be the correct size.Does this apply for the DiPricol thermocouple?Thanks for the help everyone.I had no idea that my gauges would not come with adequate instructions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JJKpowerstroke
Hello, Maybe this can help you. 3-Gauge Install Pictures

Good Luck, John
Old 03-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks John.That was a big help.I have completed most of the install.Took it for a test drive to see what kind've boost i was getting.Seems to be around 5 psi while cruising at 55.If i romp it real good the most i see is 15psi.Seems a little low.
I'm going to try installing the pyro probe tomorrow.I wish a fellow DiPricol owner would chime in about the tap/drill bit size.I only get one chance to do it right.1/4" NPT tap and 7/16" drill bit?These gauges sure could've came with better instructions.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:20 AM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I got Diprocol gauges from GOS racing also. I don't remeber the instuctions being lousy. Maybe you didn't get them all? Anyway I would put the probe in the divers side exhaust manifold. That's my opinion. Here are the pics of my probe.

As far the tap/bit size goes...I just got mine out and looked at them. It was 1/8" NPT for mine, not 1/4" NPT. The drill bit size I finished with was 21/64.

You're right, you got one shot.

Do you have the taps already?

If not bring your probe to the store with you and compare the size of the probe with the sizes of the taps. 1/4 NPT is huge. You'll know if its 1/8" or 1/4" when you see them next to each other. Good Luck and post back with any other ?'s.

Here, this may help too.
Pyro probe install

I had about three or four links for gauge installs before I did mine(i'm anal about that stuff), i'll look for more if this info doen't help you...

later
Old 03-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks Chris.The pictures were very helpful.Our probes look exactly the same.I'll make a trip to sears today to pick up a tap.The only instructions that came with my gauges were wiring diagrams.Nothing at all regarding the boost line or pyro probe.The instructions on the www.gosperformance website are for Western Diesel gauges.What kind've boost readings are you getting?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yeah now I remember that being the case with the instructions. I think I got all of my probe install info from this site IIRC. Good luck finding the right tap, I know I had to go to three different places to find a NPT tap. Some places just don't carry them. REmember must be NPT.

As far as my boost goes, I can get it up to 30-31lbs. I have an Edge box and a wastegate boost tube. Normally on a hard accel. it will be about 25-28lbs. with an SES light at 24. 15 seems a little low, are you stock? I can't remember. Is that at WOT?
Old 03-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

1/8"tap, size R drill bit, which i think is the same as a 7/16
Old 03-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I got Diprocol gauges from GOS racing also. I don't remeber the instuctions being lousy. Maybe you didn't get them all? Anyway I would put the probe in the divers side exhaust manifold. That's my opinion. Here are the pics of my probe.

As far the tap/bit size goes...I just got mine out and looked at them. It was 1/8" NPT for mine, not 1/4" NPT. The drill bit size I finished with was 21/64.

You're right, you got one shot.

Do you have the taps already?

If not bring your probe to the store with you and compare the size of the probe with the sizes of the taps. 1/4 NPT is huge. You'll know if its 1/8" or 1/4" when you see them next to each other. Good Luck and post back with any other ?'s.

Here, this may help too.
Pyro probe install

I had about three or four links for gauge installs before I did mine(i'm anal about that stuff), i'll look for more if this info doen't help you...

later
Everything about this is 100% correct. This is EXACTLY how to install your awesome Di Pricol gauges.

I do find it odd that you have bad install instructions. My dealer sent 10-15pages of install sheets and wiring diagrams.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for all of the help guys.I just finished up the install.I'll post some pics on Monday.I'll bet i fished around with that magnet for 30 minutes.LOL.No odd noises on startup,so hopefully the turbo survived.On my test drive i saw a max of 800 degrees at WOT.At idle around 150.The gauge responds very quickly.Thanks again everyone!
Charles
Old 03-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Your numbers sound normal for a stock truck. Strock egt at WOT is around 1,000* and boost around 15 psi. Get a good hot chip and boost will near 30 psi and egt will hit 1,300* real quick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.