Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

looking for more ways to make more power

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  scheidt27 
#1 ·
Well I just ordered my first set of mods for my truck finally which is as follows s&b intake MSRP 304 Turbo Back SS Exhaust Stealth Monitor AKA Gauges and TW 6 Position Chip and Zoodad Mod what should I do next?

Thanks for your help in advance
Kevin

#2 ·
Wait till you get those mods installed you just might be content with the new found hp:lol:

#5 ·
If that turns out to not be enough go pedal I would start saving for a beefed up trans, some larger injectors and a larger turbo to light the injectors. You also going to need a fuel system to provide enough fuel and maybe a dual hpop system. Everything after your current mods gets pretty pricey:thumb:

#6 ·
Ya I Know but its the only thing I have right now that mine cuz im 19yr old im living with the rents and studying to become a diesel tech so it is gunna see all my money so price is not an object saving for it is lol

#7 ·
hpop

maybe a dumb question but wat is hpop?

#9 ·
Its the high pressure oil pump, it uses high pressure oil to run your injectors, and there are no dumb questions here, ask away!

#11 ·
turbo surge?

Would b the turbo sounding like its missing?And how was the improvement after putting the ats housing on?

#12 ·
I believe the ATS housing allows more air to flow to the turbine which eliminates surge.

IMO, if you plan on getting another turbo though I wouldn't add onto the stock one. Seems like a waste of money, imo.

#14 ·
The ATS housing is not a waste of money, It does what it designed to do, Eliminate Surge. Also if you do upgrade you can always sell it for 300, thats the cheapest ive seen them for used. So in reality you cured your surge for 100 bucks. IMO spending 1500-2500 on a bigger turbo and related parts is a waste of money if your not going with bigger injectors.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.