39.5 tsls on an 8" lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 06:20 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
39.5 tsls on an 8" lift

i got a buddy that wants 39.5's.. will they fit under an 8" lift without rubbing he doesnt offroad it.. has anyone see those black rockstar wheels on a F250
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2008, 06:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

yes they will rub 38x15.5 rub on a 8inch lift on the leaf springs and my 37s have rub on my leaf springs a couple times when my truck is in a bind or something
Old 03-17-2008, 07:52 PM

+1 for rubbing like no other.
37's are probably gonna be it for that lift. Otherwise major trimming or no turning at all, whichever your friend likes better
Old 03-18-2008, 05:31 AM

The Black Rockstars look pretty sick on just about any truck.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:51 PM

i had 39.5 TSL on my truck and i have an 8 in lift in the front . they never rubbed on my leaf springs, they did rub on the black piece of trim under the bumper that i had to take off. however my buddy has the same truck and his 37's rub on his 6in lift. i think it all depends on the truck, and the off-set of your rim. however i did just get 3in shackel's to lift the front to match the 10in lift in the back so i can put 42's under it. Good luck

(TSL's are a very rough riding tire, they wear fast and when they wear, they are thrown out of balance very easy. i dont recommend them but that is a personal preference. id you do go with them i do recommend making sure your front end is in perfect alignment)
Old 03-18-2008, 09:31 PM

i find it hard to believe 39.5 tires wouldnt rub unless you had a crazy offset and some spacers that pushed the tire out 3 or 4 inches. Or unless they were 39.5x10.50 or something..my 38s rub nicely on 16.5x12 m/t wheels making my turning radius wonderful...
Old 03-18-2008, 09:52 PM

what size tire do you start running into rub issues? my 35x12.50s dont rub the springs. im not sure of the offset but they fit inside the stock fenders on 18" rims
Old 03-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Premium Member

I think the main problem is offset and width. I have 6 inches of lift and run 37's and NO rubbing whatsoever. Ok...I'll admit, it smoothed out the very edge of the plastic trim on the bottom of the bumper one time when I had it flexed up a good bit while turning the wheel. Other than that, no rubbing. I would have to check to tell you the offset of the rims, but they don't stick out from the fender. Also, these are only 12.50 inches wide, so that helps too. As for the 39.5's. I have NO basis for this, and I would have researched first, but I would have thought they would fit...In fact, that was in my distant future plans for my truck....Hmmm....Now how much to lift it?? lol
-Aaron
Old 03-19-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
i find it hard to believe 39.5 tires wouldnt rub unless you had a crazy offset and some spacers that pushed the tire out 3 or 4 inches. Or unless they were 39.5x10.50 or something..my 38s rub nicely on 16.5x12 m/t wheels making my turning radius wonderful...
i do have a dual stabalizer on my truck. i think it stopped my tires before they rubbed. thay rub a little on the finder but none on the leaf spring
Old 03-19-2008, 06:39 PM

yeah TSL's are a rough ride.. i got boggers on mine and its so choppy up until about 15mph then they plane out a little.. ill just tell him to do the 8 and some fender cutouts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.