buying a tuner/programmer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
buying a tuner/programmer

So I have become dissatisfied with my isspro gauges, mainly the EGT gauge which hasn't worked from day one. I am looking at buying something else that I can keep an eye on things with. I have seen that the EDGE cts display works in a way that I would like. I haven't spent any money yet and would like to hear some of this sites opinions.

Right now I have an AEM air filter and a 4" mbrp muffler. I am planning on getting a bts transmission sometime in the next 6 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Premium Member

You could always troubleshoot the gauge to see why it doesn't work.

I have the CTS insight. I like it. I want a couple of additional analog gauges, but the CTS monitors everything I need it to, and it does it nicely.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
H&S mini maxx has nice guage setups and the EGT kit. It is a tad on the small side though. If you could find a black maxx for sale that would be the BALLS.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We have a monitor/programmer available called the Infinity. It will tune, monitor everything the PCM sees, run diagnostic tests, datalog, and more. You can also add additional sensors/inputs to monitor parameters the PCM does not see, such as EGT. HERE is a link if you would like to check it out.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Premium Member

Oh, and there's DP. I haven't used their stuff, nor do I have second hand info, but Justin has been the epitome of customer service. A lot of crap talking goes on around here, and he inevitably shows up to provide support.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macon View Post
Oh, and there's DP. I haven't used their stuff, nor do I have second hand info, but Justin has been the epitome of customer service. A lot of crap talking goes on around here, and he inevitably shows up to provide support.
Thanks for the nice words.

I am not into arguing with people, and am only here to help people out and answer questions about our products. There will always be people out there bashing, it is just my choice not to feed into their drama search.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the responses fellows. The DP infinity seems like a nice product, but does a little more than I am interested in at the moment. How easy is the infinity to install? Do i just plug it into the odbII port? Do I have to buy additional sensors for the egt probe or other parameters?

Macon, I could troubleshoot the gauge and attempt to find out what there is to find out. A set of gauges still doesn't give me all the choices a programmer or tuner does.

Last edited by HCohio; 06-07-2013 at 02:55 AM. Reason: macon response
Old 06-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Isspro is good stuff. I'd fix what you have, unless you're just looking to spend money.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCohio View Post
Thanks for the responses fellows. The DP infinity seems like a nice product, but does a little more than I am interested in at the moment. How easy is the infinity to install? Do i just plug it into the odbII port? Do I have to buy additional sensors for the egt probe or other parameters?

Macon, I could troubleshoot the gauge and attempt to find out what there is to find out. A set of gauges still doesn't give me all the choices a programmer or tuner does.
The Infinity is extremely easy to install. It just plugs into the OBDII port.

If you would like to monitor EGT and/or fuel pressure, you will have to purchase additional sensors since the 7.3L PCM does not monitor those parameters. Beyond those two parameters, there is not much else the PCM does not monitor beside ECT(which isn't really important compared to EOT, which the PCM does monitor).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.