Tire Reviews for my 7.3 F350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tire Reviews for my 7.3 F350

Ok, so far you guys have told me how to take care of EVERY other problem I've had with this truck so..........

When I pull the studded tires off this spring I need a new set of A/T (all-terrain) LT285 75 R16's for my truck.

Any ideas on where to find unbiased tire reviews, other than consumer reports. Their list of tires wasn't inclusive enough for me.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
good question. I have only ran 2 sets of tires. Some old old worn out stock tires. and my boggers which are still gettin broken in. I have heard good things about something called...
i forget the brand but... open county or country a/t tires?? ring a bell? nitto maybe or... i forgot. its definitely open country or county and everyone was talking high heaven aboutem
Old 03-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

toyo makes the open country. suppose to be a very good tire and is very good looking. i think it is considered an MT though. the nitto tera grappler is a good tire too (AT), but if you really want what i think is the best looking tire it would have to be the nito mud grappler (on "bigred" right now).
Old 03-12-2008, 10:57 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
there u go Toyo! If i had a stock sized truck id go with the Toyo tire. Cuz ive heard all kinds of crazy reviews of how good they are with proper rotation and inflation.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Addicted to Diesel

Send a message via AIM to cowboyupamrka Send a message via Yahoo to cowboyupamrka
toyo open country AT's i have heard are good, Nitto terra Grappler AT's are good(running them now), Had good luck with Bridgestone dueler AT revos (last set of tires), there is also the Hercules terra trac AT which a friend of mine is running they looked pretty nice, and so far he is pleased with them.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:46 AM

Well nobody has sent me to the website with all the answers yet. But.....I have to admit some of your suggestions are at the top of the Consumer Reports Test results. The Bridgestone Dueler is rated #1 and #2 (two different versions of the tire) and they rate the Toyo Open Country #3.

My problem is both brand tires aren't available at the warehouse clubs and we don't have enough competition in Alaska in the tire market yet. So........leave the warehouse club and pay about $300 more for your tires at the "local" dealers.

Still looking for somewhere other than Consumer Reports with Tire Reviews if anyone has ideas. CR doesn't talk much about the Goodyear Tires or BFG.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Barchetta
Have you checked out The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

You can find the tire size you are looking for and then see all sorts of consumer reviews for them. There are good and bad reviews, but there are usually enough to get a good feel for the tire. It's worth a look at least.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 AM

Here's the best link that I have used for reviews.
Mud Tires - Reviews and Info at Offroaders.com 4x4 Off-Road trail Reports, Tech, Clubs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.