Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cam postition sensor

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Justin@DP-Tuner 
#1 ·
What are you guys running and having the best luck with. I been reading a lot of posts but all seem older and wondering what most people have settled on getting. The borge warner has been no luck to me or the delphi one I tried. The delphi has best idle but wont run down the road. The borge warner has bad idle but not bad on road. Old ford grey I have seems best over all but read about some new ones international has out and think ford has new one?

#2 ·
My Ford gray one has lasted the longest. I haven't changed it in at least 4 years. Last time I changed it was when the gray ones first came out and they dropped the price to like $25, well before the recall.

#3 ·
think i checked your last thread.
dfuser has some international ones.

#4 ·
Ya you did check my last thread. I think im going to try an international one next.

I hear people say they have made no difference in there trucks no matter which ones they have ran. When I put the delphi one in last night and truck on 100 horse setting it completly missed and ran like crap but it idled the best it has since I have been trying to correct this problem. Could totally tell timing was off. So my question is any one else ever experience this or do I have something going on with edge chip or my injection timing.

#5 ·
their is a few old threads on which cps is best.
some work better for others as in your case.

timing is controlled by your chip. try and take it off and see how well it runs.

#6 ·
The original International black one was the best, but they are extremely hard to find anymore. The next best one in my opinion is the dark gray one that International currently sells. Coming in at a distant third would be the current Ford light gray one.

I am not a fan of the aftermarket variations as they have proved to be very unreliable and often times they are bad right out of the box.

#8 ·
The BW CPS that I just installed on my truck has a much stronger magnet for the Hall sensor and the sensor itself is centered in the housing. Seems to idle much better and runs great down the highway. According to a post on another forum the IH and Ford CPS sensors are offset inside the housing resulting in as much as 3* shift in timing. They are also set back almost 1/2" from the face of the sensor. The BW unit could pick up a 3/8 drive 10 mm socket, the others would barely move a paper clip. Just my $.02

#12 ·
I was about to order from dfuser, they want $40 free shipping. What can you do?

#14 ·
ya its 40 bucks for the international one.
the grey ford one is less.

#15 ·
I know this thread is old, but I just had an oasis report pulled on my truck and noticed that there is a recall outstanding on the CPS still. My truck is running fine, should I get it changed out or leave it alone?

#16 ·
i would.
or just keep a spare in the glove box with a 10mm ratchet or crescent wrench.
they are like 25 bucks and easy to change

#17 ·
Ill take it in and ask them to swap it out under the recall and just ask for the old part back and put it in the glove box as its working fine as of now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.