Runs rough at idle update. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Runs rough at idle update.

Sorry couldn't find my other post so Il just start over again. New injector cups injector o-rings, 2 new injectors, new valve cover gaskets,ipr,cps, icp, and now a new rebuilt idm. Just a little bit of change runs better once again like after I have done all these things but it still isn't right. I have ohmed out all wire from idm to injectors and all is good there so I know the wiring is good.

Here is a couple weird things that happend recently. With edge chip unplugged P1316 would go away. Put a tune on it and it comes on. Wasn't doing this before.Now after a while of driving it stock the P1316 will come on but takes a while. I put new idm in and soon as I rev it up a little it comes on right away with no tune installed.. So I put the old back in and cleared codes and P1316 doesn't come on after I rev it up. Put new one in and right away its back. Do I need to have the code cleared by ford to see if it stays away. Is it just engrained into the memory.

Next thing I was thinking about was could someone have left a tune on the truck before I got it so when I put the edge chip in it it completely is just messing things up. I am at a loss and looking for anywhere or anything to try next.

Everything has been replaced due to codes that have been pulled. I have not just been throwing this part in and that part in. Last time at ford got told wiring or under valve cover gaskets must be bad even after I told them there new and I ohmed out the wires so Im done with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 04:40 PM

Forgot to say how it idles. It idles rough enough to shake truck. Almost like it has lope but not that bad. Instead of a mmmmmmmm smooth idle its like rum rum rum rum.That probably doesn't make sense. If I could upload a video I would. But as soon as you take off its fine. Runs fine on highway and no miss or lack of power. MPG are way down though.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:54 PM

Okay so tried something else. I have three cps sensors. A borge warner, a delphia, and the grey ford one. I put the delphia one in it and seem to smooth out the idle big time. But missed horribly when trying to drive and wouldn't go down the road. Put the old ford grey one in it and better idle not great though. Rough idle with borge warner.

So am I just having a big issue with the cps sensor. I never get a code for it just tried these a long time ago and still had them so though about playing with them again.

On the upside the P1316 code went away. Anyone have any thought on which cps to have beside the old black one you can't get anymore.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:54 PM

looks like dfuser has some international ones.
i would try one those they are 40 bucks.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

First off make sure there is no corrosion on the mating surface for the CPS that will throw off the reading. At the dealership I have had major problems with aftermarket CPS sensors and the distance they are from the tone ring even 1 thousands of a difference will cause running issues. The only CPS I advise is ones from international or ford.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-30-2013, 10:27 AM

i think the international one is still black.
its just more expensive and hard to find.
dfuser is the only place ive found that has any.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The black one had a recall on it and it was switched to the grey one with the gold bracket

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.