conversion opinon. to do or not - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
conversion opinon. to do or not

hey guys,

i could use some opinions on somethig i've been thinking bout lately.

I really love my truck, but i really wanted different options then what my truck had, but at the time i bought it, i jumped the gun a little to early. was influenced a little too much also by what my friends were telling me i should do(big mistake).

I really didn't want an automatic, and i still wish alot of days my truck wasn't auto. I also kind of wanted a dually.

The other thing i dont like about my truck is the short bed. I really could make better use out of a long bed truck. I've had to take my toolbox out, so i have more room for things in the bed(which sucks because i'm having to haul tools and doo dads i had in the toolbox in the back seat).

Now here comes my dillema. I have been thinkng about converting my truck to a 6 speed, and possibility also convert it to a DRW truck. Do you guys think it would be worht the trouble?

Or should i trade my truck in on something that is a little more to exactly what i want. Only problem there is, i still owe $13,900 on my truck, and i dont know that i could get that much on trade in. Selling it outright is not an option i dont believe, because i tried selling it back in the fall, and early winter, and had absolutley no luck. Plus now that diesel has gone way up, it would be even harder now.

I love my truck, dont get me wrong, theres just things i dont like about it. Its been well taken care off, and only thing wrong with it is it could use a new driver side seat, but its not exactly what i would like to have. I hate to get rid of it since it has been taken such good care of.

Do you guys think i should convert my truck more to my wants/needs, or would i just be better off trading it in(can i get 14k on trade in do you think?)

I've been going back and forth on this for awhile, and could just use some second opinions. or new ideas if anyone has a totally different idea.

thanks for your help guys. this site is awesome!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 09:19 AM

Well I think you would be better off trading the truck on what you want. I don't know how much you could get for it because of the factors you stated, but I do know that when I looked into converting from auto to manual I was told don't waste my time. I do know the floor setup in an auto is not as deep as the manual, which I believe is the biggest problem. I am not sure what it would take to do the long bed though.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Premium Member

IMO it would be easier to trade for the truck you really want.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan734 View Post
Well I think you would be better off trading the truck on what you want. I don't know how much you could get for it because of the factors you stated, but I do know that when I looked into converting from auto to manual I was told don't waste my time. I do know the floor setup in an auto is not as deep as the manual, which I believe is the biggest problem. I am not sure what it would take to do the long bed though.
i wouldn't convert it too long bed. just something i was sayin would be nice to have
Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKSTAX View Post
IMO it would be easier to trade for the truck you really want.

thats what i've been thinking. dont think i could get 14k for it on trade in.

maybe i should just bite the bullet, and try and sell it for like 14,500. I bought it almost exactly a year ago for 17500, and i hate to lose that much on it, but i think if i'm going to accomplish selling it out right, i'm not gonna be able to get what i'd like for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.