For now she's done. Thanks to Raul - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up For now she's done. Thanks to Raul

Well I decided since my F250 7.3 PSD is no longer a work truck it was time to make it a fun toy. I was originally going to go with a Superchips programmer, stacks and a AEM intake, well after reading the forums every post I read told me that a chip was better than a programmer and that Raul at Stealth Automototive was the man to go to. So after a couple emails back and forth Raul convinced me to go with the 6 pos form Tony Wildman, the AEM intake and a 4 inch turbo back exhaust. Also the 3 guage pillar package, and just for fun a 5 inch chrome tip and some blacked out HID headlights. First to arrive was the exhaust. A saturday evening, a 24 pack of beer and a couple buddies and she was done. Ya know after this mod i wasnt impressed to much to be honest. Yeah it had a deeper throatier tone, but not the extra horses i was hoping for. Next was the intake. This only took a afternoon to do, but wow, there was the horsepower i was looking for so at this point i was happy. Next the headlights and unfortantely I didnt have the right tools so this took a little longer than i would have hoped but what a difference this made. I would say with the headlights i gained 50 horses and at least 300 lbs of torque. Ok maybe not but they sure do look cool. Next was guages which another saturday evening, 24 pack, and buddies help. FINALLY the chip arrives from being burned. An afternoon later and shes done. HOLY SMOKES!!!!! what a marvel this little thing is. definately big differences with this and I am sure glad that i did what everyone told me and installed the guages cuz as i went on my test drive, in positon 6 the egt shot up to 1300 plus, so i backed down, darn it. SO for now shes done. Next I will either work on the stereo system or the suspension, not sure which yet. BIG THANKS to Raul at Stealth Automotive, also a HUGE THANKS to my buddies Wayne and Donnie. Also thanks to my wife for living with me the last couple weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

glad the ORG help send you in the right direction ! ! ! ! !
Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Emergency Services

sounds like a good ride now. congrats!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know I know, its 20 degrees here and the car washes are closed and I dont wanna take pics of a dirty truck.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Serving Our Country!

Sounds like fun and you got some great info here. This place sure helps alot Congrats.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

congrats on the truck...we need pics!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.