evolution - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
evolution

I have a 01 7.3 put the new evolution on it and drove it for about 6 mounths and loved it. One day i pulled it into my garage to change the oil and put running boards on it, the next day it would not start ithad dead batt so i changed the batt. still would not start. Come to find out it blanked my PCM. Edge payed for everything tow,parts, labor and send me a new programmer. Just wondering if any one ever heard of this happening and should i sell this thing or put it back in my truck:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcfd858 View Post
I have a 01 7.3 put the new evolution on it and drove it for about 6 mounths and loved it. One day i pulled it into my garage to change the oil and put running boards on it, the next day it would not start ithad dead batt so i changed the batt. still would not start. Come to find out it blanked my PCM. Edge payed for everything tow,parts, labor and send me a new programmer. Just wondering if any one ever heard of this happening and should i sell this thing or put it back in my truck:
I ran the evo on my truck for over a year with no problems
Old 03-03-2008, 11:50 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sometimes things like that occur. I had a friend that burnt his pcm with a faulty TS chip wire.

Glad EDGE took care of you!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i had an evo that blew my pcm the first time i hooked it up but like you said they paid for everything
Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 PM

My edge evo use to get my trans hot not locking the tc
Old 03-03-2008, 08:40 PM

Fayette,
Do you still have the Evo? If not, what did you get, did temps come down? I'm looking at the DP-Tuner. I have the Evo and running 175* no load- 75* outside.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes I still have but it is not on my truck . Hottest i ever recall my tranny temp getting was 195 that was pulling a 31 ft camper .And it was about 90 degress out side
Old 03-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Northwest Stroker

I have had the same issue. Luckly I still fell under Ford's warranty. The service guy at Ford kinda gave me a hard time with it but, I thought it was the Cam sensor; showed same symptoms. But the service guy said it was the PCM. He swapped it out and said he would just write down faulty PCM when he sent it to Ford. Oh, and they also changed out my Cam sensor. So I guess I'll never know. He tried telling me it was the Evolution that did it. Edge said they would refund any money I had spent. Anyway long story short I did put the thing back in and had no problems so far. The actual Powerstroke tech said he wouldn't worry about it and left it at that. Its been over a year now.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:11 PM

I just sold it I could get my temps around 220 when pulling my 5th wheel up the canyon and in the summer my truck would run 180 I just ordered the dp tuner lot of guys say that is the chip for the 7.3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.