Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Powertrain Warranty

804 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  usteffenhagen 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you would know off the top of your head about aftermarket powertrain warranties or even if you can still do it on an 01. I dont need one at the moment (hope not) I was just curious about it because my truck I bought is still new to me and I would like to be covered for a little bit just in case because the previous owner put a 6 pos TS chip on it and I know he pulled a cattle trailer.. Any ideas?

#5 ·
i got ehaust temp, boost and trans temp

Even if you could find a company to give a warranty now, you'd be better off saving that $ for future repairs or a built tranny. A lot of those warranty companies deny too many claims to make me want to jump through the hoops, all while your truck is out of commission.
Hmm yea you make a good point.

#4 ·
Even if you could find a company to give a warranty now, you'd be better off saving that $ for future repairs or a built tranny. A lot of those warranty companies deny too many claims to make me want to jump through the hoops, all while your truck is out of commission.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.