My pride and joy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My pride and joy

I know i have posted allot of pictures latley but they have been all off my phone so i had my wife take some pictures with her good camera since she does photography

Its my 2001 f-250 4x4 lariat i bought from a friend 2 years ago for $4,500 bucks, he got it new when we were in high school and didnt really take care of it and was trading it in and i intercepted it before the stealership got it for 4,000.

I had to fix the a/c, fuel system, tailgate was missing, and various other odds and ends.

I have custom front and rear bumpers, 4 inch zone lift, 4 inch turbo back, diy intake i know its a spectre but i clean it monthly and in two years the turbo blades still look new, i have done the hutch mod (what a great mod to do the stock fuel filter can go forever it seems with the cheaper spin on filter before the pump) i did a diy coolant filter(wow the crap that was in the first filter after a flush and all) i just put on some 16.5 eagle alloys with 37x12.50x16.5 bfg baja ta miltary surplus tires, the oil gets changed monthly with rottela t 15-40 its free so i change it often, there are many more things i have done but this is just a lil list for anyone that cares Thanks for looking T-Ray
Attached Thumbnails
My pride and joy-dsc_0265.jpg   My pride and joy-dsc_0259.jpg   My pride and joy-dsc_0261.jpg   My pride and joy-dsc_0262.jpg   My pride and joy-dsc_0264.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 03:30 PM

That is one heck of a truck for 4500!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0075 View Post
x2

If you have any questions about your motor feel free to shoot me an email. I am the tech support guy at PHP and occasionally know what I'm talking about :wink:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Good looking truck. Good looking Pete too
Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post
x2

If you have any questions about your motor feel free to shoot me an email. I am the tech support guy at PHP and occasionally know what I'm talking about :wink:

Roger on that, I have always done all my own mechanic work, I do all the work on our tug boats, but there is always something new to learn, I have been getting ready to decide on a new chip and or programmer I have been running a old 2001 hypertech programmer has only one setting its been in the truck since 2001 but I'm ready to upgrade, the only thing that keeps me from getting a chip over a programmer is the ability to read codes

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-12-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0075 View Post
Yes it is when he told me what the dealership was giving him in offered 500 bucks more he thought I was crazy. It was leaking fuel and oil and the pickup foot in the tank had broken off so him being unmechanicaly inclined he thought the truck was done for I didn't tell him any different he was aggravated because he had just spent money having the tranny rebuilt. Needless to say it makes him sick seeing the truck as it is now two years and about 3,500 bucks later

Old 05-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Very nice truck! That engine bay looks extremely clean. Take care of it(like you are doing), and it will always take care of you.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray-4ray View Post
Yes it is when he told me what the dealership was giving him in offered 500 bucks more he thought I was crazy. It was leaking fuel and oil and the pickup foot in the tank had broken off so him being unmechanicaly inclined he thought the truck was done for I didn't tell him any different he was aggravated because he had just spent money having the tranny rebuilt. Needless to say it makes him sick seeing the truck as it is now two years and about 3,500 bucks later

Well, that's what he gets for not taking care of it. Maybe he'll learn the next time around.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray-4ray View Post
Roger on that, I have always done all my own mechanic work, I do all the work on our tug boats, but there is always something new to learn, I have been getting ready to decide on a new chip and or programmer I have been running a old 2001 hypertech programmer has only one setting its been in the truck since 2001 but I'm ready to upgrade, the only thing that keeps me from getting a chip over a programmer is the ability to read codes
Good!! Having the courage to get your hands dirty is the most vital part of learning about these motors! The market for chips on 7.3l is quite extensive and yes, I agree with you completely about the ability to diagnose with a programmer.

Have you thought about using a chip to tune the ECM/ TCM then using an EDGE insight for the digital gauges/ diagnosis? A lot of 6.0l guys run this package (program with one device then Gauge and diagnose with insight) it is a bit more pricey than putting it in one unit but for functionality it works well.

Not to sell you on anything, but we do offer a few things that might help. Www.phptune.com

Even if you choose to go with someone else, I will still be more than happy to offer any assistance with any questions or problems you may encounter.

I will admit.. I wish I could find a 7.3 for that price in that condition! You got a great buy!

Old 05-13-2013, 07:28 AM

Nice truck man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.