Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

The search is over, now what?

930 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  hansel 
#1 ·
I finally found the right truck, picked up my 02' last week. All the mods are done to the exterior and nothing to the engine and tranny as far as I can tell. It's a 02' 7.3 Crew cab with 145k miles. Want to do as much preventative stuff as possible for the engine/tranny. What are some recommendations.

#2 ·
The main preventative measure is fluid maintenance. Change all the current fluids and keep a log so you can start a maintenance interval.

Besides that, getting rid of the stock air box is one of the first things that should be done(it is a poor design). We can get you setup with an aftermarket intake if you are interested. Check them out HERE. A bigger, better flowing exhaust is beneficial too.

If you are looking for more power/performance, the next modifications would be gauges and a tuner. We can get you setup with those as well if you are interested.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

#3 ·
Nice find...

Ditch the stock air box for the DIY intake/6637 filter. Takes $50 or less and 15 minutes to install eith basic tools.

Straight pipe the stock exhaust. Stock size is fine it's the stock muffler that bottle necks the system. And it's cost effective. If you want a muffler try Walker #21470.

Gauges are a MUST before ANY tunes or chips. EGT boost and trans temp if auto. Summet sells a piller pod gauge combo for about $330.

DP Tuner is my chip of choice. I have their F-5 chip in both my trucks and want one to replace the edge in the Excursion. 80 hp econo tune is great for daily driving all around. Also like 40/60hp tow tune and the decel tune.

Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
Great advice has already been given, I would change all the fluids, engine,trans,coolant,fuel filter, rear gear lube, my truck has a Airaid filter and a 4" exhaust with a Dynomax muffler, and it sounds awesome:crazy:

I just installed some ISSPRO gauges from Dave at Diesel Manor, and someday I will get a mild tune from DP Tuner since he lives just down the road, one more thing start running some type of fuel additive, my truck loves the 2 stroke stuff from wally world keep those injectors happy,happy,happy:hehe::hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.