Join Date: Feb 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this normal or just bad luck?
I have had my 7.3 for 2 years and put about 25k miles on it. In that time below are the fluid leaks that I have dealt with:
1) turbo pedistal o-rings, pulled turbo fixed that.
2) dip stick tube leaking at oil pan, had that o-ring replaced and sealed
3) oil pan leaking at back of engine, did not fix this because was gonna cost 1500 to have the engine pulled
---ended up having to put a used engine in due to being dusted. all that within the first 8 months
4) high pressure oil pump leak, got that fixed
5) transmission cooler leak, new cooler fixed that
Now I am leaking oil again. Not in valley but running down back side of engine, maybe valve cover?
all of these leaks appear to be common based on searching this forum for help with the repairs. But is it common for the same vehicle to have all these leaks?
And can i say that it drives me CRAZY when I see fluid under my truck. Between all these leaks I would subconsciously look under my truck every time I parked and got in it. Drives me crazy! In all my years of vehicles, never had this type of problem.
2nd, any tips on current oil leak? After a fresh oil change I don't notice it, however after a thousand or so miles I see it. Been changing my oil more frequently (3K miles) due to this.
2001 F-350 Crew Cab 4X4