1.0 Exhaust Housing ?'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 06:46 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 1.0 Exhaust Housing ?'s

for you guys who have had or have the 1.0 ex. housing, how much longer will it take for the turbo to spool up? I am still gtting an exhaust leak somewhere. I think its the up pipe Y to the turbo that didnt mate correctly. I am gonna check it again in the am. I noticed it runs really freakin rough with the exhaust leak. Is this common? Also, I am wondering about the spool up time for the turbo, should it be really noticeable over the .84 housing, or is alot of that due to the exhaust leak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

You really should not notice a differance on spool... should do about the same...
Old 02-23-2008, 07:59 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Ok, I am gonna go over the exhaust leak today....I shouldnt have to reflash my chip for just a 1.0 swap should I? It should be the same. I am thinking the rough running and late spool is because of the leak anyways....
Old 02-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Banned

Nope... Nothing to change...
Old 02-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

might want to look into bellowed uppipes from international or bwd for the leak fix much better part and will not leak again
Old 02-23-2008, 11:45 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Its actually leaking where the Y pipe meets the exhaust housing. Just cannot get the lip of the housing to go into the Y pipe correctly. Any suggestions on this? I did get most of the leak fixed, and on my street tune, on my TW chip, I did hit 22 psi. Compared to 18 before I got the turbo rebuilt. I am hoping the leak will make it hit 25 or more. On the race tune, I only got 20 PSI. Hmmmmmmm......I am Stumped on this one. I got less boost on the race tune vs the street tune even before I did the rebuild.
And another thing, I am not hearing the turbo spool like I did before, is this cause I am not running a wastegate? I kinda hear it, but not like before. Is this partly due to the exhaust leak?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:42 PM

forgive my inexperience with interchangeable parts regarding turbos on these trucks, but will a larger hotside IE: 1.0A/R fit on an early 99 without any necessary modifications? Will the 1.0A/R make a sizable difference in topend and or power? Id much rather throw on a housing than replace a perfectly good turbo with a D66 until I need to. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsracinggt View Post
Its actually leaking where the Y pipe meets the exhaust housing. Just cannot get the lip of the housing to go into the Y pipe correctly. Any suggestions on this? I did get most of the leak fixed, and on my street tune, on my TW chip, I did hit 22 psi. Compared to 18 before I got the turbo rebuilt. I am hoping the leak will make it hit 25 or more. On the race tune, I only got 20 PSI. Hmmmmmmm......I am Stumped on this one. I got less boost on the race tune vs the street tune even before I did the rebuild.
And another thing, I am not hearing the turbo spool like I did before, is this cause I am not running a wastegate? I kinda hear it, but not like before. Is this partly due to the exhaust leak?
loosen the bolts that hold the uppipes to the exhaust manifolds both sides out to theyre last threads put the y collector on then tighten the manifold bolts back down.. on your boost numbers are you getting a cel ? your gonna need a map fooler to keep it from defueling and your boost #'s will go up and your turbo spool is different because you went from a 84 to a 100 that does change it a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboostcreep View Post
forgive my inexperience with interchangeable parts regarding turbos on these trucks, but will a larger hotside IE: 1.0A/R fit on an early 99 without any necessary modifications? Will the 1.0A/R make a sizable difference in topend and or power? Id much rather throw on a housing than replace a perfectly good turbo with a D66 until I need to. Thanks.
the 100 give a little more at freeway speeds than the 84 and lower your egt's slightly and yes you can get one for a 99
Old 02-24-2008, 05:04 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

I am getting a CEL light, but no defuel. I already have an ITP boost annihilator. My previous experience with my CEL lights were low circuit input for my EBP sensor(doesnt have one) low circuit input for my AIH(doesnt have one) and EBPV failed( doesnt have one) so i am assuming its the same ones, I done have a scanner, so I just have to borrow a buddies of mine to scan it. But I cant get ahold of him now. I need an AE scanner BAD!!! So I will notice a different spool sound huh? I always have had low boost numbers, even with the stock tune on, I only get 16. which I thought that was correct for and Early 99. But I think my tunes would bring it up. I hit 30 easily with the red line off my wastegate and the original turbo on the truck. but with the red line on, I only hit 20 max, period end, no matter which tune I was in. I have no other exhaust leaks, so I think I may be loosing it through my old boots on the Y pipe to the intakes on each head maybe? I dunno. I just want the exhaust leak fixed so I am not smelling it, and it doesnt blacken up my engine bay( oh, and to of couse have the truck running right again!!) hehe
Old 02-24-2008, 06:18 PM

if thats all the boost your getting id say your defueling what makes you so sure your not? you just may not notice it it only defuels on the top it can defuel with out you noticing it and you should check the psi setting on your itp or just turn it down a couple clicks mine was sent set wrong had to turn it down a quarter turn to get it to quit defueling need to check codes again you may be surprised and that ebp code can cause a defuel as well defuser makes a code eliminator for that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.