Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ol' stroke is determined to defy me today

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  CoalRollinRoosterCruiser 
#1 ·
well i installed the TS 4 postion chip yesterday, that i bought off a buddy of mine. problem was, i did it in a big hurry, and didn't get all the silicone off. at least i assume that was the problem because it wouldn't start last night. and also i realized last night i only took the silicone off the top of the connection on the pcm. well, this afternoon i took everything out, cleaned the connection again top and bottom, and i'm pretty sure i've gotten everything off. well, i put the pcm back in, and the sucker still wont start. wait to start light aint coming on.

so now i am at a lost for what is the matter. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

any help would be greatly appreciated!

also, i dont have the engine bay side of the pcm harnesss bolted back up(just pushed it in, and haven't tightened the bolt up so i can take it back out easily). i wouldn't assume that is stopping it from starting, because i dont think the bolt grounds anything.

#2 ·
Check your other post about this man, I wrote something that will probably solve your problem....

#3 ·
i saw it dude. thanks:thumb:

i just looked at the chip, and it isn't sitting sideways, so there must be some other problem:confused:

#4 ·
ok, take the tape off and pull the chip out, and then stick it back in, then see if you get your WTS light. Oh, one other thing, you didnt get a "No Start" mode in your chip and the chip is on that setting is it?

#5 ·
the buddy i bought it from said it is= stock, 50hp, 100hp, and 140hp, so no i dont think so.

does the engine bay side of the pcm harness have to be bolted back up?? or should it still workwith it just pushed in( reason i'm asking is cause i'm tryin to leave it unbolted because its such a pain in the a** that bolt in and out.

#7 ·
it should be fine unbolted. I had your same problem installing my DP tuner. I took the pcm back out after the 4th time it wouldnt start, cleaned the contacts better with scotchbrite, then rubbed a little nail polish remover on them and slapped it all back together and it has worked fine since then. o yeah and i put some tape around the chip and pcm so it cant back out

#8 ·
Just my piece of mind but i had a problem with once in a while straight out of the blue my big fuse for the wait to start light and must be a engine control fuse would burn up. It is in the fuse block that is under the hood. Again just my two sense. It happened to me and I have a TS 6 pos.

#9 ·
i'll check that. thanks

i'm gonna go take it out again and try and clean it once again. maybe itll work this time.

#10 ·
You sure its burnt for the same PCM code as yours? If the chip had a different PCM code burnt in it, it wont make your WTS light come on, and your truck wont work. Can the truck start with out the chip? Check you fuses under the dash. If one is blown, its most likely the one for the PCM. Unplug your fuel bowl heater, and then replace the fuse.

#11 ·
i would assume so. his was also a 2000. only difference was his truck was a cc lariat.

its nothing special(chip wise), just a basic 4 position TS Performance chip

#13 ·
i got it to work finally. i took it out again and cleaned the contacts REALLY REALLY well again, and now it works. sometimes i have to cycle the key a few times to get it to work, so its not perfect, but hey its better then not working it all.

and wow, i dont think i could ever drive it stock again:D:D. i am addicted now:doh:

thanks for your help guys. i appreciate it!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.