Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need Help guys?

672 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bigcountrysg 
#1 ·
Its a ford but not a powerstroke. Ford 4000 tractor. I was cleanin up the land today and it started to run out of fuel it started cuttin out so i shut it down went and got some fuel. put it in and no start. used startin fluid and it started up bout 10 min after that it went dead agian and i called it a day. so any ideas. i checked the fuel bowls and there is fuel there so what eles could it be?

#4 ·
I'll bet you've got air in the system.How old is your 4000?It may not be self bleeding.

#5 ·
not sure bout the year of it but its not a brand new one. oil is good and fuel is in both bowls. it kinda starts missin a litttle then it just dies no matter what rpm its at. i tried givin it a shot of either to get it to turn over and fire off to get any air out of the system. im stumped on this one any more ideas?

#6 ·
Your most likely going to have to bleed the fuel system to get all the air out. This will take to much ether to do it by having the engine run. eventually you could damage the engine because of the ether.

#8 ·
aight ill give bleeding it manually a try tomor. yeah i didnt use to much either. one of my dads friends locked one up by usin to much either. thanks for the advice fellas im gettin on it first thing in the mornin ill let ya know the outcome!

#9 ·
well fixed it today figured out what the problem was. I was not gettin enough fuel so i took the valve off the bottom of the tank and there is a screen there. it was clogged up from when it run out. apreciate the suggestions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.