Gloucester, Va looking for 99.5-later 7.3 engine to look at for DIY up-pipes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 04:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gloucester, Va looking for 99.5-later 7.3 engine to look at for DIY up-pipes

I am looking for a 7.3 engine sitting out of the truck that I can make measurements on for build my own bellowed up pipes. I know its a long shot but please let me know if you are willing to help me out. I am in Gloucester, Va north of the courthouse. Will trade you a case of beer for the access.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

for the time invested plus parts (and the replacement of the collector), m9ight as well buy these...$200.00

More Information for DORMAN 679005
Old 04-24-2013, 01:52 AM

Heh, well that just made my life a lot easier. Your right after parts and time you can't beat that price. Thanks I will order those today. The only question I have is those appear to be the same as all the other bellowed up-pipes (far as I can see in the picture) but why are they 200 bucks cheaper than everyone else?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 AM

its a "difference of opinion" case. Ya, there dormans, stamped with "made in china", but they DO have to meet "requirements". Been a big debate about these and "made in America" logos. Well, my truck, FORD..etc, with sticker that says..Made in Mexico. Even oem parts are stamped with other countries...So, its ur call man, i know i'd slap them on, as well as others have. Plus, lifetime warranty. Once you do the job, its NOT as hard as people make out to be...
Old 04-24-2013, 12:03 PM

Yea I ordered the dorman set. Made in china does not bother me. Without turning this into a anti american made post, I must say that just because it says "Made in America" does not automatically make it cream of the crop. Its mostly just a patriotic issue for people much less a quality issue. Both countries make great stuff (apple products are built nice I guess) and some really terrible crap at the same time (Chevy, reality tv). I'll take my chances, besides I don't get paid enough by the Air Force to afford the american ones.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM

awesome...when you do get them, go to the local hardware store and get grade 8 bolts for them, being a 1/4in smaller then whats in the package. For some stupid reason, the bolts are abit long and cannot "crush" together.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 PM

Great, will do, thanks for the info. Installing them tomorrow with the new GTP38R turbo and PHP Hydra.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:35 PM

I got everything installed, the pipes were a snap. The new GTP38R turbo is awesome, I don't know if its just because my old turbo was in really bad shape but it feels like a new truck. Before if I put it to the wood I might eek out 14-15 PSI and I would not build any boost at all just driving down the road. From a start I would have to apply at leas 3/4 throttle just to get my boost gauge to move. Now I jumped out on the highway thinking I would accelerate normal and gave it 1/2 throttle. My PSI boost gauge pegged out and scared the crap out of me. The the truck shot forward like a sports car and the turbo whistle was intoxicating. Next thing I know I'm running 70 like its nothing, I used to have to push it hard to run 65. She ran a cool 5 PSI with cruise on 62 MPH (normally it would be a -1 PSI on cruise). Now on Monday I get to replace my Banks Chip with the Hydra.

For reference the total time to R&R up-pipes and new turbo: 8 HRS

Last edited by slackjaw; 04-27-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.