Please help truck wont start. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 09:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please help truck wont start.

Okay this happend in the summer and I couldnt figure it out then either.I was about 3 miles from home and at a stop sign I turned my chip up to a higher hp setting, I turned the corner got on it and when I shifted into 2nd gear the truck just stalled. I have know idea what it was but the wait to start light would not come on when I would turn the key on, and the truck would just roll over. I checked the fuses under the hood and found a big fuse 30 amp was blown, its labled as the power distrabution box fuse. So I put a new fuse in and turned the key the wait to start light came on for about 2 seconds and went write back out, blew the fuse again. It kept doing this for a couple weeks, I couldnt find the problem I looked at every wire I could looking for a bare spot where it might be shorting out. I did not see anything wrong. Then I put a computer out of a diffrent truck in and it worked. I took that comp out and put mine back in and it has worked fine for about 8 months until today. I was at the same corner turned up my chip turned the corner got on it shifted into 2nd gear and it stalled again in the same exact spot. I checked the fuse it was blown, replaced it and it keeps poppin. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

anyway one of the wires going into the comp could be shorting? or a loose plug going in?
good luck
Old 02-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 4everlearning
Change the computer again. If that fixxes it then keep the new one in it and not your old one.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:03 PM

I am not sure if it would be the same, but i have a 97 and my fuse number was 22 a 30amp maxi fuse. anyway my fix was just to replace the fuel heater in the filter bowl. Might help you might not good luck
Old 02-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by balzer_brett View Post
I am not sure if it would be the same, but i have a 97 and my fuse number was 22 a 30amp maxi fuse. anyway my fix was just to replace the fuel heater in the filter bowl. Might help you might not good luck
That is probably the guy's problem...thats where i would start. Disconnect the fuel heater and see if the problem goes away.....
Old 02-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Premium Member

I had the same problem on my 97 and it was the fuel heater shorting out. That fuse # 22 30 amp also controls the PCM. Also causing problems was my TS chip. As soon as i put the stock chip back in all was fine.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Thanks guys, now where do I unplug the fuel bowl at, or where is it located?
Old 02-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Banned

on the back of the fuel bowl there is a white electrical connector connected to a black piece. Unplug that...

If you live in a warmer climate you can just leave it unplugged and forget about it......if you live in a colder climate....first see if it fixes your problem....and if it does.....then replace the fuel heater.....its in the bottom of the fuel bowl....
Old 02-10-2008, 09:43 AM

Thank you, I'll defenetly have to replace it if thats the problem, I live in Micigan it is 1 degree outside write now.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokeguy View Post
Thank you, I'll defenetly have to replace it if thats the problem, I live in Micigan it is 1 degree outside write now.
no problem buddy!!! Keep us informed!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.