Should I buy this truck? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should I buy this truck?

Hi, im bew to this forum and i have a couple questions. I'm about to buy this 01 f250 from this guy and I just wanted to get some of your opinions on if its worth it. Also what sort of questions/things should I look for when I check out the truck tomorrow? It's a 2001 f250 4x4 xlt 7.3l diesel k&n air filter and 4" turbo back exhaust. There's 160k miles on the truck and he wants 9500 for it. Here's some pictures. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Should I buy this truck?-1.jpg   Should I buy this truck?-2.jpg   Should I buy this truck?-3.jpg   Should I buy this truck?-4.jpg   Should I buy this truck?-5.jpg  

Last edited by j90reaper; 04-09-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

no pics ? look at maintenance , check oil pan for rust , take oil fill cover off start the truck and look for blow by . its its 4x4 engage it it etc look bushings u joints
Old 04-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

Pics didnt upload, Check the turbo fins for pitting as those K&N air filters allow debris to pass by, Cant really say much until theyre are pics!

Tom
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sorry the pics are up now, couldn't figure out how to do it. Also, I don't know too much about trucks or cars in general, so what are bushings, turbo fins, oil fill cover, blow by, etc. Sorry for the newbieness.
Powerstroke.org Rookie

X2 9500 is a fair price
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM

take off the cover were u add oil to the engine start the truck and look down the filler neck if u see smoke that is blow by . trucks burns oil . not a horrible deal but if not tacken care can lead to costly repairs and the turbo fins is the wheel inside the turbo look at them to see if there is any damage to them . look for pitting dents etc . make sure there is no fuel or coolant in the oil . take the dip stick and wipe it on a paper towel ull see the difference on the paper
Old 04-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhood6.7 View Post
take off the cover were u add oil to the engine, start the truck and look down the filler neck if u see smoke that is blow by, then the trucks burns oil. not a horrible deal but if not taken care can lead to costly repairs and the turbo fins is the wheel inside the turbo look at them to see if there is any damage to them . look for pitting dents etc . make sure there is no fuel or coolant in the oil . take the dip stick and wipe it on a paper towel ull see the difference on the paper
Truck looks good from pics, FOLLOW THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^
If everything checks out, 9500 is fair.

Tom

***you have to remove air intake to see turbo fins!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j90reaper View Post
Hi, im bew to this forum and i have a couple questions. I'm about to buy this 01 f250 from this guy and I just wanted to get some of your opinions on if its worth it. Also what sort of questions/things should I look for when I check out the truck tomorrow? It's a 2001 f250 4x4 xlt 7.3l diesel k&n air filter and 4" turbo back exhaust. There's 160k miles on the truck and he wants 9500 for it. Here's some pictures. Thanks.
Take your time the right truck is out there,i found mine 6months ago 2002f350crewcab with a edge programmer and cold air intake new tires bogs and warner hub,guy had it out for a hour with no price on it,called him up told me it had 137000 on it and said he wanted 10000 my next words were sold.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 PM

took me just shy of a month to find mine
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the replies, and how would I remove the air filter to check the turbo fins? And what would be the most important thing I should look out for before buying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.