good deal???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good deal????

i have found a 1999 7.3 motor for $1000. it came out of a rolled f550 it has 58,000 miles and the guy says he drove it into the shop to pull the motor. motor comes with everything except computers. i have a 99.5 this motor should work for a replacement, right? it has the same horsepower rating so it should be the same right?? good deal or not???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

doesn't sound to bad with only 58k on it. Can you believe him that it ran after the roll? If an engine doesn't get shut off right away it can be junk in a roll over. But for 1000 bucks, if it comes with the turbo and stuff, then hey why not. Should be a direct fit. I think there were some minor changes from early to late 99,but it should bolt up ok.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:02 PM

It will fit fine, is it an early or late 99? Early will have smaller injectors, smaller intake manifolds and smaller turbo, differant turbo ped, up pipes and collector, and a smaller Y pipe... But if you pull all this off of your motor your in busness.

Nice thing about a PSD... If it looses oil pressure... It quits running, no oil, no injector firing...
Old 02-05-2008, 05:13 PM

ya he says it ran can i believe him?but it has all the other goodies turbo,hpop,injectors, ect... so if it even turns over id be happy. i asked the guy some hard to know 99.5 powerstroke questions and he seemed to know what he was talking about. he said that it didnt have the cold weather option on it so no epbv or air heater! he also said that it sat in his shop since 2002.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblv247 View Post
ya he says it ran can i believe him?but it has all the other goodies turbo,hpop,injectors, ect... so if it even turns over id be happy. i asked the guy some hard to know 99.5 powerstroke questions and he seemed to know what he was talking about. he said that it didnt have the cold weather option on it so no epbv or air heater! he also said that it sat in his shop since 2002.

I would be worried... They ALL came with the EBPV and the AIH... The early 99's did not have the AIH so I would believe its an Early 99 unit... But if it doesnt have the EBPV its been modded.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:16 PM

Where is it located at?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 PM

it is located in oregon
Old 02-05-2008, 05:19 PM

What I mean is can you go look at it easy enough... LOL Not trying to scoop ya, I have three in my shop in differant stages of rebuild...
Old 02-05-2008, 05:21 PM

he said that the motor tag says 250 hp @2700 rpm thats what mine says does that make it a match? he said that f550 can be ordered without AIH and epbv. he called it the cold weather package
Old 02-05-2008, 05:24 PM

I dont see how the Truck can be ordered without it... Unless Garrett makes a High Flow outlet for the turbo, its the only way possable. And they would have to have a differant Y pipe that there is no part number for. Or have a block off plug for the AIH... I call bull **** and if you think about getting this, pull the Valve covers and see if it has AB injectors in it... Or ask him to pull one and snap a pic of the injectors. Could even be an OBS motor and turbo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.