My Shocks and springs. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My Shocks and springs.

ok, i've got a couple questions. I bought my truck already lifted, and since i dont know much suspension whise, i'm trying to figure a few things out.

first one is are by shocks on right? i've been looking at other people's trucks lately, and it seems mine are upside(at least in the front). the barcode on the shock is definitely upside down. Is that the way there suppose to be, or were they installed wrong?

secondly, the more and more i look at my truck, the more i dont think i have a full 4" lift. it doesn't sit anywhere close to level, and from what i've seen most 4" lifted super duty's seem to fit fairly level. now as i have hardly any suspension knowledge, i thought maybe you pros could help me out on it. I also dont know that i actually have a pro-comp lift, i may just have pro-comp shocks. the number is still on the front springs in the picture, maybe someone can tell me by that what i have?!?!?!?!

so any imput into either of those questions, or what you think i've got suspension wise would be greatly appreciated.

also, if i wanted to add another inch or so in the front(maybe shackles?) would it be possible with the shocks i've currently got?

anyways, thanks in advance for you guys help. I really should have asked more questions of the previous owner when i bought the truck, but i was so excited to get the truck, i kinda just forgot about everything else.

here's the front

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 06:46 PM

and here's the rear.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:40 PM

anyone?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:03 PM

Well it looks to me like all of your shocks are on upside down, but that is the extent of my suspension knowledge.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:07 PM

ya your shocks are upside down no big deal just flip them around. I have a 6 inch lift and it sits a lil lower in the front. Do you have any full photos or your truck, so we can see how it sets
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pwrstroke View Post
ya your shocks are upside down no big deal just flip them around. I have a 6 inch lift and it sits a lil lower in the front. Do you have any full photos or your truck, so we can see how it sets

yeah, but you can't tell from the pictures i have. i can't seem to take a picture that actually shows it well, cause in person its pretty distinct.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:15 PM

im betin its just sagin a lil. I had mine on for a min. and its lower in the front. I need to add a leaf. I would try that and see how that levels it up.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
im betin its just sagin a lil. I had mine on for a min. and its lower in the front. I need to add a leaf. I would try that and see how that levels it up.
yeah, i prolly will. i'd just like to know what brand/kind of springs are on there with the lift, so i can stay with the same brand.

i'm still not convinced its a full 4" lift in the front tho. in terms of my wheels/tires, it acts likethe front only has a leveling kit. but i dont know that thats quite possible.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:29 PM

Ya i dnt know how to tell what kind is on it. It sure looks like the front springs are really saggin. When did you buy the truck
Old 02-05-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Ya i dnt know how to tell what kind is on it. It sure looks like the front springs are really saggin. When did you buy the truck
almost a year ago. a year ago this march/april. it was the same way when i bought it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.