Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

what kind of batteries do you use?

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  fleastang 
#1 ·
i've got Bosch batt's now, and it's time to get some new ones. I'm searching local and somewhat limited on a budget. here are the top three, they're all pretty much the same in stats, just different in price. what do you think...

autozone

Sears Diehard North

Sears Diehard truck and suv

any other ideas...

#13 · (Edited)
I'll have to disagree with that. I'm on a Grand Prix board and alot of people on there have the terminals literally fall out of the battery after a few years! Mine was starting to get old but working fine, so I replaced it with a Diehard. My brother took the AC Delco and put in his mustang. As he went to tighten the battery cables, sure enough, one of the terminals fell out!

#6 ·
Best batt. I have ever had was an Optima, lasted 8 years and they are clean. I have seen them in Auto Zone, the Walmart batt. is good for the price too.

#7 ·
Motorcraft OEM 850cc :thumb:

#8 ·
how much do they run. i did want at least 850cc

#9 ·
$219.00 installed cause Im lazy lol and was already at the dealer. -That was Woodhouse.

#12 ·
i have 3 yellow tops

#14 ·
#16 ·
OEM only in mine
When i had a chebby i converted it to top post and put motorcraft in it as well.

#17 ·
i know you said you are on a budget but if you want by far the best battery i would go with odyssey batteries. i think a group 31 will fit one our trucks and theres is rated at 1,090cca and 2,150 peak cranking amps. There rated for 6-8 service life. I used to use optimas but i tried an odyseey in our sandrail because of size requirements and i am so pleased with it i bought one for my toyota truck and as soon as the ones in the 350 need to be replaced odysseys are going in.
PC2150 S and PC2150 T - Odyssey batteries

#18 ·
After going thru one replacement set of Motorcraft batteries I decided to trust Consumer Reports and go with the Walmart brand. So far they work great. They have a 3 yr full replacement warranty before the prorate starts and if you ever have any problems then name a place you can find yourself in that doesn't have a Walmart close by to replace them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.