Join Date: Dec 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Few questions about my 99 f250
I recently bought a 99 f250, and have come across a few things that I wanted to see if anyone else has had problems with.
1. Keyless entry remote quit working. Didn't work when I first got it, I put a new battery in and used it for a few weeks, then it quit working again.
2. Passenger window won't go down. Neither switch works, so I'm thinking its probably the moter, but wanted to go ahead and see if anyone knew of something simple it coud be before I replaced that.
3. Tailgate handle broke. Should have a new one here soon(thanks bamasixgun). Any hints or tips for me while putting the new one on?
4. Not sure exactly what it is called, but some sort of valve on the exhaust that shuts when its cold to keep the heat in. I disconnected the actuator arm(?) from the actual flap in the pipe, so it should just stay open. It was bugging the hell out of me. Is there any problem with doing that?
5. Plug for trailer lights doesn't work. I was thinking about getting a new one and re-wiring it, but wanted to see if maybe that could be something simple I need to fix as well.
6. Any good 'how-to's' on installing trans temp and pyrometer gauges. Just got mine in the other day.