CPS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CPS

does anybody know if the CPS that powerstrokeshop sells for $16.16 is the good one or the bad one?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

By the part number that should be the updated CPS.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:58 PM

ok thanks for the reply
Old 01-28-2008, 07:14 PM

Thumbs up 99 bigred

The sensor should be the new one that is out. I ordered 2 of them a while back just to have a spare and one for a friend. It should be the same one if you go in for the recall if your truck is listed. Mine is listed and they haven't sent me a letter yet. My local dealer won't replace mine till Ford contacts me by recall notice. I'm running a black old style that I put in last summer at the tune of $90.00. If you haven't ordered from Powerstrokeshop before they are great to deal with. Thumbs Up!!!! That's where I get my parts and am really pleased with the parts and service. Hope this helps
99 Red Stroker
Ron
Old 01-28-2008, 07:28 PM

I took the truck in to Woodhouse on Saturday for a tranny flush and they warrentied the CPS...didn't even buy it from there. Says on the reciept that it was a recall. Might save a couple bucks
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 PM

only ended up being $15. we already had it replaced under the recall without a letter. never hurts to have an extra
thanks for the info
Old 01-28-2008, 08:35 PM

Smile

I don't know why they had to have the company send me a letter. I looked it up on the Ford site and with a print out of the VIN check. I guess if they want to play games I can play along HA!! I've got a new one in the glove box. Maybe they think I'll trade it off before the letter comes HA!!!!! That's not going to happen. Anyway I guess the Red ones here just have to wait.
99 Red Stroker
Old 01-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Red Stroker View Post
I don't know why they had to have the company send me a letter. I looked it up on the Ford site and with a print out of the VIN check. I guess if they want to play games I can play along HA!! I've got a new one in the glove box. Maybe they think I'll trade it off before the letter comes HA!!!!! That's not going to happen. Anyway I guess the Red ones here just have to wait.
99 Red Stroker
Call ford Custom Care...

Tell them, you have vehicle with a known recall, verified... but, they refuse to perform the recall due to a letter that may or may not ever make it to you.

Recalls are announced for a reason...

Maybe you should try to reason with the Service Manager 1 more time... then get his name, and call Ford...

I call B/S... I worked for ford(yeah, 10+ years ago, before the Navy.. but).. All we did was enter the VIN...

If there was ANY open recalls, we informed the customer, and let them know how long it would take to perform, and if they wanted, do it right then and there.... half the time, they didnt know there was a recall open...

Chase
Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 AM

Thumbs up

I'll have to give them another call and see what i can get done. I need to get it done as far as the recall goes. I wonder if anyone has noticed there trucks running better on the gray sensor? They are supposed to be better. I've got a new gray one and I can't see that it's made a lot of difference in the glove box. HA!!!!!!! Thanks
99 Red Stroker
Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 AM

I read on the recall site that they have set up for the CPS, that they are sending all the recall notices out in waves do to the shortage of CPS that will likely happen. They are structuring the waves of letters by model year. So if you have a 99 you will be first on the list. It also said on the website that you can call and make an appointment even if you havent recieved the recall letter, as long as your vin number shows that your vehicle is eligable for the recall. I called and have my truck scheduled to go in this week, and I have not recieved the recall notice. I think your service manager is just jerkin you around! I would get his name like what was stated in an earlier post and call Ford customer care and get it straightened out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.