Auto enginuity question. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto enginuity question.

I'm trying to isolate some injector knock I've got. I'm 99% sure it's my #8 as it also puts a fault on the CCT.

I've read about people being able to shut off the injectors with their AE, but I can't seem to find this function.

My actuation tab is empty so far no matter what I have selected.

I'm hoping to be able to shut off one by one and hopefully hear the knock change. I know I can build a switch box but I don't think I should have to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The Cylinder contribution test and Injector Buzz test would be where I would start with your diagnosis. I do not remember the order that the contribution test is done in however, but if you can find that out then when your knock goes away you have the cylinder.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:24 AM
Premium Member

I already did them. Buzz is fine (to be fair I didn't say that)

But I did the CCT and it shows #8 with a fault.

I'm trying to figure out how to manually shut off each injector like I've read you can.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:55 AM

Link to a similar question on PHP's forum

I have not been able to find a way to disable a specific cylinder with AE, except manually disconnecting the injector wire. The only one's I have seen that can disable the injectors are 6.0 and possibly more recent.

Sorry, I wish I could be more help, and maybe next time I will link CCT and Cylinder Contribution Test in my head, then I can help better.

Last edited by Big Bird; 03-24-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:56 AM
Premium Member

I've read that you can. But can't find instructions on how. That's how the CCT works isn't it? By killing an injector one by one?

I do need to stop ring lazy and change my drivers side glow plugs. 1 is iffy and I did the passenger side. While I'm in there it's easy enough to unplug the injector I was just under the impression I could do it via AE.

To you or any other AE owners. I have two other questions.

When I hit "get vin", my truck just dies if it was running. If its off I can hear some relays being clicked, my dome light gets brighter then dimmer. But that's it, nothing else happens. Isn't it supposed to fill in all the drop menus? I have to do it manually.

Also under "actuations" is blank with enhanced power train selected as the system, under Abs or GEM I have options there but thy wont let me use them. Is that just the limitations of our PCM's?
Old 03-24-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlutzer View Post
I've read that you can. But can't find instructions on how. That's how the CCT works isn't it? By killing an injector one by one?
I am unsure, I have only done it on the 97 in my sig, I saw somewhere that the SD's do it by rotational velocity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlutzer View Post
I do need to stop ring lazy and change my drivers side glow plugs. 1 is iffy and I did the passenger side. While I'm in there it's easy enough to unplug the injector I was just under the impression I could do it via AE.

To you or any other AE owners. I have two other questions.

When I hit "get vin", my truck just dies if it was running. If its off I can hear some relays being clicked, my dome light gets brighter then dimmer. But that's it, nothing else happens. Isn't it supposed to fill in all the drop menus? I have to do it manually.

Also under "actuations" is blank with enhanced power train selected as the system, under Abs or GEM I have options there but thy wont let me use them. Is that just the limitations of our PCM's?
Yes, you do need to replace the glow plug if you think it is getting iffy, if you don't you might get to do what I did on mine and that was patch the harness plug and put new VC gaskets on. As for the other stuff, I have no idea...
Old 03-24-2013, 04:25 AM
Premium Member

I ohm'd them about 5 months ago and all 4 passenger ones were toast, and 1 drivers side was a bit higher than the others.

I bought 8 motor craft glow plugs. And I know I already did the much harder side. But the truck started all winter not plugged in ( and I'm in Canada eh---had to). But she's starting to puff some white and take a bit longer to start so this week ill be doing it.

Maybe make a junkyard run and build myself a simple breakout box like I've seen, I did just really like the idea of being able to shut them off with a click
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.