Pulled codes tonight... what do I have? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pulled codes tonight... what do I have?

Hey all,

I was at my buddys garage tonight, hooked up the scanner, and checked the codes... knew I had a charging problem, and otherwise, just wanted to know...

P0340 -- I know this is cam pos. related... and remember a thread posted here a while back about it being recalled... need to look into that. One thing I know for sure is that my truck is NOT going to the local ford garage if it's a dealer-only type deal, as in, they have to be the ones change it for the recall. I'll go to some other dealer, just NOT THEM. I won't mention any names, but you can see what town I'm from, and there's only one ford dealer.

P0541 -- Intake Air Heater related? I have removed the AIH for a boost gauge fitting...

P1105 -- Alt. fault, upper? I have dual alt's, as my truck has the amb. prep package... We put an analog meter/tester on the upper alt at the shop tonight, and it was fluctuating between the readings of "charging system-- OK -- Bad".

P1670 -- Electronic Feedback not detected? This one has me stumped. What the heck does this mean?

Thanks in advance for any feedback....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 02:09 PM

bump.... anybody have anything???
Old 01-23-2008, 02:14 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

if i were you i would clear all those codes , and drive it , the inake air heater code i wouldnt sweat , i would have the cam sensor changed , and then see what comes back
Old 01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

The dealer just issued a recall on cam position sensors, thats why they are 21 bux now! hehe. take your old one in and swap it out!
Old 01-24-2008, 12:48 PM

Thanks guys...

I did as you sugjested that night, cleared the codes, started up the truck, and all of them came back after 2 minutes, except the cam sensor code, and after driving it for a few days now, I'd not be surprised if it's back also.

What I'm most concerned with is the last one, P1670... the others are self-explanitory enough, but the last one has me confused...

New alt is ordered, don't care if the truck knows I pulled out the AIH, and I'll get the cam sensor taken care of, that maybe why my truck dies at an idle some times.... most inconvenient when driving... stop at a red light and it dies as I'm gonna take off... Grrrrr.

But that dang P1670 code has be wondering.... anyone know what it is?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:53 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

p1670 is a electronic feedback signal code from the idm to the pcm, everytime ive ever dealt with that code it ends up being a hassle and leads you know where , usually dont find anything , i dont think that its te reas you truck is cutting off at times , but if you want to test the circuitry for that code , there is a grey and white wire between the two modules , check the resistance of that wire , thats is the only wire on that circuit for that code
Old 01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
0541 don't worry about it... you can override it by reconnecting the black wire since that code picks up the absence of a ground.

0340 I wouldn't worry about either. Just get a spare CPS and put it in the glove box. It's easy to fix and usually with a CPS issue you can nurse the truck several miles if need be. Plus it's a finicky sensor anyway...

1105 At least you knew which alternator to test. You could get by with that one faulting if you had to b/c of your dual setup, however if you're like me you want everything to be functional.

As far as the other one, I don't know - looks like scuffy already told you about that one.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
p1670 is a electronic feedback signal code from the idm to the pcm, everytime ive ever dealt with that code it ends up being a hassle and leads you know where , usually dont find anything , i dont think that its te reas you truck is cutting off at times , but if you want to test the circuitry for that code , there is a grey and white wire between the two modules , check the resistance of that wire , thats is the only wire on that circuit for that code

Scuffy,
Sorry, but what's the IDM? PCM was Powertrain Control Module, right? From your knolage, what kind of problems were associated with this code?

I suspect the stalling is related to the cam pos. sensor, and/or a fuse box issue I've been dealing with...

If I was gonna test the wire you mention, am I just trying to make sure the wire isn't broke, as in, continuity from one place to another, as in, gray/white at the IDM, and continuity at the same wire at the PCM?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:31 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
IDM = Injector Driver Module
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.