Hydraulic Winch For 03 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hydraulic Winch For 03 7.3

Does anyone know where to get a hydraulic winch for my truck???? I had a friend give me the pump that bolts right to the tranny. any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 09:36 PM

depends on waht your doing but Hydraulic Recovery Winches one of those should do the trick. a little expensive but you can probably find a better deal then 4wheel parts
i know a 10,000lb electric winch will pull a water logged f350 for about 20 minutes straight before it burns up
good luck
Old 01-21-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99bigred View Post
depends on waht your doing but Hydraulic Recovery Winches one of those should do the trick. a little expensive but you can probably find a better deal then 4wheel parts
i know a 10,000lb electric winch will pull a water logged f350 for about 20 minutes straight before it burns up
good luck
thanks. and do you know this from experience???
Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 PM

LONG STORRRY

ya...my dad and i were in a local mud hole. we could see a big group of truck all stopped and as we got closer we could see the top of a 99-03 f350 sticking up, water almost to the door handles. there is always somebody stuck up there and with all the people around we thought they had it under controll. we drive further and dont see to much more excitement so we head back to see if the 350 was out yet. once we got there we relized it was still in the same spot and no straps were on it. a guy started flagging us down ( oo ya we were in our little jeep wrangler on 32's) so we stop to see whats up. the guy asks if we could try the winch to get him out, so we agreed and got into position and another PSD tied onto the back of the jeep to anchor it. truck didnt budge foward so i asked how much truck was under water....the reply surprised me, 8" lift and 37" tires w/ front and rear lockers. no wonder it wouldnt budge. we moved to the back of the truck and hooked on and it moved surprisingly easy up till we got to the river bank. the hitch and bumper got caught on the 4ft tall bank and thats when our winch fryed. it took 5trucks all tied together to get him the rest of the way out. after it was out they checked all the fluids which looked fine and tried jump starting it cause the light had been on for 5-6 hours while it was stuck. would crank but no go. the wait to start light would never go out. it was running after it got stuck but he said after idleing for about 10 mins in the water it died and wouldnt start again. we later heard that a blazer had broken an axle, a land cruiser fried his winch and numorous straps were broke all trying to get this guy out.
sory for the story being so long but couldnt leave out details
Old 01-21-2008, 10:55 PM

So did he offer to pay you or anything for frying your winch over trying to pull his a$$ out??? I would be pretty pissed. Amazing that your winch pulled him that far and then it took 5 trucks to get him the rest of the way. but i guess it was all dead wait since his truck wouldnt start.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:50 AM

nope didnt offer to pay but the winch was under warrenty
Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
nope didnt offer to pay but the winch was under warrenty
o, well thats not to bad then.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Banned

WinchesPlus - 12,000 lb Winch
Old 01-22-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Monkey View Post
thank you.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
ya...my dad and i were in a local mud hole. we could see a big group of truck all stopped and as we got closer we could see the top of a 99-03 f350 sticking up, water almost to the door handles. there is always somebody stuck up there and with all the people around we thought they had it under controll. we drive further and dont see to much more excitement so we head back to see if the 350 was out yet. once we got there we relized it was still in the same spot and no straps were on it. a guy started flagging us down ( oo ya we were in our little jeep wrangler on 32's) so we stop to see whats up. the guy asks if we could try the winch to get him out, so we agreed and got into position and another PSD tied onto the back of the jeep to anchor it. truck didnt budge foward so i asked how much truck was under water....the reply surprised me, 8" lift and 37" tires w/ front and rear lockers. no wonder it wouldnt budge. we moved to the back of the truck and hooked on and it moved surprisingly easy up till we got to the river bank. the hitch and bumper got caught on the 4ft tall bank and thats when our winch fryed. it took 5trucks all tied together to get him the rest of the way out. after it was out they checked all the fluids which looked fine and tried jump starting it cause the light had been on for 5-6 hours while it was stuck. would crank but no go. the wait to start light would never go out. it was running after it got stuck but he said after idleing for about 10 mins in the water it died and wouldnt start again. we later heard that a blazer had broken an axle, a land cruiser fried his winch and numorous straps were broke all trying to get this guy out.
sory for the story being so long but couldnt leave out details

I love stories like that ha... good one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.