Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

DIY Intake installed but ?

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  chasespeed 
#1 ·
I installed a DIY Intake on my truck about a week ago. When the truck shifts from 3rd to 4th and from 4th to OD the intake makes a psssshhh sound. I actually love the sound. Its kinda cool, sounds like a big rig! :thumb: Is this sound to be expected with the DIY Intake install, or is this a sign that something is wrong? :confused: Truck had stock air intake before DIY install. Any feedback would be appreciated.

#2 ·
The "woosh" sound is normal, when shifting, letting off the throttle when there is boost... etc

Chase

#4 ·
Yeah that is normal. Just now you can hear it. That was always there but now with an open air filter you can hear the wastegate dumping the extra boost at shifts and when you let off the accelerator.

#3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Now I know the sound is cool.

#7 ·
turbo bark?

#10 ·
is turbo bark the noise you get when your on it kinda hard then push the clutch in with the turbo still spooled? the several swoooshs together? cause yes i love that

#11 ·
That noise is surging... and ISNT good for the turbo...

The only time I REMEMBER hearing some turbos bark, was, on a set(2 pair) of Cat 3618s.....

And it really did sound like a "bark" or a snarl...

Chase

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.