wicked Wheel pros and cons? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 02:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wicked Wheel pros and cons?

so, been researching the wicked wheel for my 2000 PSD. searched on here with no real definite answer.

i have found some info, but nothing definitive on it. most say it has no real performance value but will help turbo surge. i have read others say slight increase on top end.

Basically, i have to replace the o-rings on my turbo pedestal and am thinking of putting one in while the turbo is off. do i have surge? no idea, have not noticed anything in the short time i have had the truck, but i have not towed anything with it, though i do plan on towing alot (primary reason for buying the truck)

what is the real Good, bad and ugly of the wicked wheel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to buckels Send a message via MSN to buckels Send a message via Yahoo to buckels
Go with the Gen2 Wicked Wheel. It spools quick as hell and raises your boost. I get at least 23 psi in an E99 completely stock except intake and exhaust
Old 03-20-2013, 02:51 PM

is it really worth the price? my truck is bone stock other than it is straight piped stock exhaust. i was going to add the WW on the "just in case" i get surge while i had the turbo off anyway. its cheap at around $75, but only found the WW2 in place place at tripple that price.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Rodslinger's B1TCH

I picked up one of these today
BD Diesel Performance CANADA Billet Compressor Wheel Upgrade - Ford 7.3L 1999.5-2003
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

the new wheel is better but for triple the price on a stock truck thats not really a big deal.
i lost 3 lbs of boost adding the wicked wheel but no more surge and i seem to have slightly better spool up from a stop.and the wheel sounds sweet!
my truck runs great with the old wicked wheel and my egts are not high. so unless you really want the new wicked wheel or just have extra cash just go with the 1st gen wicked wheel.
and by the way that bd diesel wheel is a copy of dieslsites gen 2 wicked wheel. that bd diesel one looks like junk too.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:55 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you're going to Tow, and you have the Turbo off, for the $75 I'd throw in a WW.

No disadvantage I know of, I Love the extra "whistle" mine makes
Old 03-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Rodslinger's B1TCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue99stroker View Post
and by the way that bd diesel wheel is a copy of dieslsites gen 2 wicked wheel. that bd diesel one looks like junk too.
compare the pictures of the dieselsite wheel against the bd wheel and say that again...... what makes it look like "junk"
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue99stroker View Post
the new wheel is better but for triple the price on a stock truck thats not really a big deal.
i lost 3 lbs of boost adding the wicked wheel but no more surge and i seem to have slightly better spool up from a stop.and the wheel sounds sweet!
my truck runs great with the old wicked wheel and my egts are not high. so unless you really want the new wicked wheel or just have extra cash just go with the 1st gen wicked wheel.
i plan eventually a tuner, intake and possibly an upgrade to 4" exhaust too, but no idea if it will be this year, or in 3 years.

that is kinda what i figured. its off, its cheap and could solve possible issues i may have when towing. truck will see 7k hooked to it on a regular basis, sometimes 11-12k when i have to load up two trucks at once all being towed through the hills of KY and TN.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 PM

My turbo lights almost instantly with a 1.15 exhaust housing and wicked wheel 2. Cant imagine how fast they light up with a .84 exhaust housing. Saw one video of a truck pinning 30psi almost instantly.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:20 PM

Underpowered, if you do an intake and exhaust, you will start getting surge issues. They will be small at that level but then throw a tuner on it and you will have surge problems. Do at least the first gen, cheap ww but I would strongly consider the gen2 ww. Might as well get performance and eliminate surge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.