Confused about getting power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Confused about getting power

hey guys i have the same question everyone asks how do i get more power. my problem is that i have the early year 99 PSD. im not looking to get record breaking numbers i would just like to get up around 350-400 HP. i know that i have smaller intake,turbo and my injection set up is a bit different. i gues im a bit confused about the PSD compared to the cummins and the duramax, it seem that you can get more power a lot easier out of those two motors than you can with the PSD. I love the PSD and would trade it any other diesel. i do have some mod like 4" exhaust, intake and the edge. could someone shed some light on me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 02:05 PM
assistant director

the psd runs off oil pressure to fiire the injectors The others have high pressure fuel pumps to my knowledge but i will bump for someone more knowledgable
Old 01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

they get more power cheaper due to the common rail injection and belive it or not that 350 -400 number your asking for is a somewhat big number for a 7.3 if your talking about true reliable rwhp your not gonna hit those numbers with just an edge and exhaust
Old 01-21-2008, 02:39 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
good chip, turbo and stage 2 injectors should put you about in the horse power range your looking for. the only direct replacement turbo available for the early 99 is the Dominator66 from beans diesel performance.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to rufushusky
Yeah the HEUI injection system does not support really high horsepower (450-500rwhp) like a common rail does. Just the nature of the beast. Throw an upgraded HPOP, some injectors and a turbo and then you are making big power but your trans and wallet won't like you. But you gotta pay to play. Hehe.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdup250 View Post
hey guys i have the same question everyone asks how do i get more power. my problem is that i have the early year 99 PSD. im not looking to get record breaking numbers i would just like to get up around 350-400 HP. i know that i have smaller intake,turbo and my injection set up is a bit different. i gues im a bit confused about the PSD compared to the cummins and the duramax, it seem that you can get more power a lot easier out of those two motors than you can with the PSD. I love the PSD and would trade it any other diesel. i do have some mod like 4" exhaust, intake and the edge. could someone shed some light on me

Stage 2 injectors, D66 turbo and Hot Tony Wildman tunes and the 400hp wall will be knocked down with ease. Better plan on around $3.5-4K to get there. Then you will need to throw some love towards the transmission. It will need at least a valve body and torque converter, plan on another $1K here.

Call Bean for the injectors, turbo and tunes. Then call John Wood for the transmission parts.

Beans Diesel Performance

John Wood Automotive - Home
Old 01-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i also have a 99 6 spd and want to get more hp. is a tony wildman chip a good and reliable chip? and where can i get one
Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to 4everlearning
Click the Beans diesel link above to get the wildman tuner. Wildman is one of the best.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Premium Member

Yes it is the best, here is his page: http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/members/1043.html
Old 01-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

thanks for the info at least i know now what kinda of money is needed. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.