Need help on water leak!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help on water leak!!!

(Sorry for posting in the wrong year forum....oops on my part but could still use help.) Posted a question on this a few weeks back!! I have a F-250 Super Duty 4WD and here lately when it rains alot I have alot of water getting in on the passenger side floorboard coming from somewhere under the right front under the dash. I have looked under the cowling and don't think it is from there. I heard of someone having water funnel in from the 3rd brake light gasket and I did replace that because it had some leakage but after last nights heavy rain it has soaked my carpet again. Once i dried it I drove it and lots of water came from somewhere and completely soaked a bath towel. Anyone think it may be from the heater blower area and filling up the box under the dash till it runs out??? Any ideas on fixes?? Thanks for any HELP!!

Last edited by fleastang; 09-05-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Help on water leak!!!!

Posted a question on this a few weeks back!! I have a 99 F-250 Super Duty 4WD and here lately when it rains alot I have alot of water getting in on the passenger side floorboard coming from somewhere under the right front under the dash. I have looked under the cowling and don't think it is from there. I heard of someone having water funnel in from the 3rd brake light gasket and I did replace that because it had some leakage but after last nights heavy rain it has soaked my carpet again. Once i dried it I drove it and lots of water came from somewhere and completely soaked a bath towel. Anyone think it may be from the heater blower area and filling up the box under the dash till it runs out??? Any ideas on fixes?? Thanks for any HELP!!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 00powerstrokin
my dads 99 crew cab does the same thing. let me know what u find out
Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
re: water leak

If you think it is comming for the heater. You should smell antifreeze in the water. If its clear, or no antifreeze. it could be condensate leaking or water from the out side. Do you Know if the windshield has been replaced. On some vehicles a leak there will look like a heater leak (without antifreeze). Also check you door weather strips. If it only happens during rains It probably comming from the outside. From what you said, my bet is on some exterior seal (door, windshield, window glass, ect).

hope this helps
Jim
Old 09-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Banned

my bet would be heater core (antifreeze) or a winshield leak.....
Old 09-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks.............I am having the windshield checked out today. It is not the heater core; no antifreeze, just rainwater after heavy rains and quite a bit. Jist wondering where it is pooling simce when I first drove it afterwards water came out from under the dash somewhere and completely soaked a towel in the floorboard I had put down under the carpet. You also notice the area under the sill plate full of water after the rain too.........need to fix it before it ruins my carpet/padding.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 00powerstrokin
my dad had the windshirld replaced and his still does it. only when it rains
Old 09-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Here we go again.....it has rained a couple of inches and water on the floor again. I took out all of the wiper assembly under the cowling this weekend to try and reach in to where the fresh air intake is located. I tried to seal the edge of it with silicone caulk as much as I could reach. No trees around the house so it was clean in there from leaves, etc. with no blockage. After todays rain I once again removed my blower motor assembly and as expected I have a heater box full of water to where it comes out into the floorboard thru the grate looking panel straight behind the blower. The drain for the a/c is in the attaching box next to this box and it drains condensate fine as the two seem to be independent in that regard. Is there any other path besides the fresh air intake for water to enter this area or should I try and recaulk?.............it is becoming very frustrating.

Last edited by fleastang; 09-13-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Dug up this old thread b/c this just started happening with my '00 F350. If I push open the flap into the heater box above the passenger side floorboard I get a splash of water. Just noticed it for the forst time after a long period of heavy rain.
What's going on and where is this leak coming from? Windshield?
Old 02-19-2010, 05:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I still do not know. I posted somewhere else where I went in under the truck up behind the fenderwell and drilled a pencil sized hole in the airbox area where the water collects which as you noticed is between the blower motor and the "door flap". This for the most part eliminated my issue of water getting in the cab. I make a point to leave the control to heat or something other than "off" and that will keep that "door flap" closed also. The hole does not cause any issues with the air flow or heater function and it does allow the water that collects to drain out. Good luck and let me know if you ever find out the point of entry for the water!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.