Amsoil diesel fuel modifier - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Amsoil diesel fuel modifier

Has anyone used this stuff or have any opinions about it? A friend of mine gave me 3 bottles of it. It doesn't say it has any lubrication in it or cetane boosters. I'm thinking of running a bottle with some 2 stroke oil for lube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ive heard of it, and other people using it and everything ive heard about it is good. a buddy of mine uses it about every 1500 miles and claims to get a little better mpg when he does. i personally prefer to use power service diesel kleen every few fillups.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 PM

I used it with the cetane boost with good results but recently switched to the OptiLube diesel additive.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal View Post
I used it with the cetane boost with good results but recently switched to the OptiLube diesel additive.
I just bought my truck about a month ago and it came with half a big bottle of opti-lube of which I have been using. When it runs out should I continue using (it was rated 2nd highest in the tests I have read) or switch to a 2 cycle oil additive with the fuel which was rated 7th I believe but one of the cheapest additives.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:40 PM

I like the Optilube since it increases cetane by 3 points where the 2-stroke does not do that.

I am thinking about using the Amsoil Cetane Boost with the OptiLube to get to an 8 or 9 point increase.

Since I only drive my truck a few days a week I do not use that much fuel so I do not mind buying the OptiLube.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrybizzle View Post
I just bought my truck about a month ago and it came with half a big bottle of opti-lube of which I have been using. When it runs out should I continue using (it was rated 2nd highest in the tests I have read) or switch to a 2 cycle oil additive with the fuel which was rated 7th I believe but one of the cheapest additives.
I'd keep buying the Opti-Lube.

To the OP: I won't use Amsoil fuel additives anymore. (I will keep using their oil though) I used to use the diesel concentrate with cold flow improver. A LOT less smoke on cold starts, almost never smokes on a warm start since I made the switch. I really wish I had video to prove it. But I was honestly expecting for nothing to change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.