Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Air Filters

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  CoalRollinRoosterCruiser 
#1 ·
i have a volant intake on my truck. it was on the truck when i got it. back a few months ago i took the filter out, cleaned it, oiled it, and put it back in. well its pretty damn dirty again. and i think this time i would have replace it, as i dont think i really cleaned it that well the first time.

my question is this,

what would be the best filter for me to buy? i know it sounds like a stupid question, but the volant replacement filter is about $100 some places(on sale), and i'm seen it as high as about $140. If i'm going to be paying that much money for a replacement filter, i wanna get the best for the buck.

or maybe there's something a whole lot cheaper that would work. I think the flange is 4.5".

any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance guys!!:)

#2 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
Also since you have the intake already check into the new dry filters by AFE. They might work in your application and you don't have to oil them:thumb:

#8 ·
hmm, i like that idea:thumb: ,

only problem is i can't find anyone who sells the filters. only thing i can find is OE replacement ones, and the full intake, but no replacement filters for there intakes, or the size need. anyone know where i could find one of AFE's pro-dry's that would fit my volant intake?
i believe i need a 4.5" flange on the filter.

#5 ·
Air filters

These pictures are pretty good , guys.I can't believe I waited for 15 yrs to open up the air on my sports car.:hehe: Its like a new car,only I've had it now for 22yrs. Funny though I did my cycle right away.Now its time I guess for the PS.
Thanks , good stuff.:thumb:
O yah.....thanks.I was going to look it up .I remembered the write up months ago.

#6 ·
You will like the diy intake! I like mine:thumb:

#9 ·
If you don't find the right size that will work the Napa filter is what I used. I think I had not over $35.00 in mine total. A cheap way to get a lot of air in and a sure seal to keep the dirt out. The only thing I done was where the clamps and intake hose meet I put wide black tape around the connections.
Only to made sure there wasn't dirt getting by them. These things suck big time when the foots on the floor HA!!!! Some think cheap isn't a good thing. Just my 2 cents.
99 Red Stroker

#10 ·
i'm not sure that napa filter will work with my intake.

there's gotta be some place i can order the AFE filter from, i just dont know where.

#11 ·
Pm some of the vendors here or better yet give them a jingle and you can explain what you want to do and they will be able to tell you if the AFE filter will fit your application:thumb:

#12 ·
:doh::doh::doh:

i dont know why i didn't think of that. my brain is definitely not working:doh:

thanks man:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.