EOT gauge Q's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question EOT gauge Q's

Ok I have an extra Isspro gauge. It's a transmission oil temp gauge and its brand new. I would like to make it an Engine Oil Temp gauge for my truck. The temp. probe is a NTP style thread that is meant to simply thread into the 4R100's pressure port in the side of the case.

Where would I need to put the probe on the engine if I wanted to have this new extra gauge measure the Engine Oil temp? I obviously don't want to drill and tap the oil pan, but maybe there is a spot that I can thread the probe into a spot where there is a plug? Anyone that has a EOT gauge, where did you install the temp probe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 03:04 PM

Old 01-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I found a port that was the right size pipe thread near the driver’s side motor mount. It was fairly easy to get to with the oil filter removed during an oil change. Mine usually runs 200-230 degrees, if I remember right. Do you have an oil pressure gauge? I mounted that in the port on the block ear at the tranny on the driver’s side.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamafrog View Post
I found a port that was the right size pipe thread near the driverís side motor mount. It was fairly easy to get to with the oil filter removed during an oil change. Mine usually runs 200-230 degrees, if I remember right. Do you have an oil pressure gauge? I mounted that in the port on the block ear at the tranny on the driverís side.
No I dont have an oil pressure gauge. I will slowly be adding several more gauges but for now I just want to find a spot to use this extra oil temp gauge, and the Engine Oil temp sounds like a good way to use it. I know there are some guys out there with EOT gauges, and I would love to find out where they placed the temp probe.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 PM

Oh wait a second, I didnt read your post clearly enough Alabamafrog, I now see that you do know where I can probe for EOT. There is a plug in the block behind the Oil Filter what is a good place for the probe? I'll be checking that out tomorrow!
Old 01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke Techie

All I know is the plug near the engine mount behind the filter is where I have my EOT probe and it seems to work well. Someone else may know of a better place.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
John Wood Nut Swinger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That spot behind the filter is good for EOT and also the tie in for a bypass oil filter. The other place you can use is the HPOP reservoir. Take out the factory sensor on the back of the reservoir toward the driver side and put in a "T". The put both sensors in the T.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:51 PM

Ok thanks guys. I guess tomorrow does have a purpose... install EOT gauge!
Old 01-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke Techie

PSDfan
On another subject
I noticed you have the same truck and tires I do but aftermarket rims and lift. My tires grab the leafs when I turn and are more unstable than the 285's I used to have. Do the wide wheels make a difference or is yours similar?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamafrog View Post
PSDfan
On another subject
I noticed you have the same truck and tires I do but aftermarket rims and lift. My tires grab the leafs when I turn and are more unstable than the 285's I used to have. Do the wide wheels make a difference or is yours similar?
I have 16x10" Eagle Alloy wheels. I don't know what the offset is on them, but what I do know is that the tires do not rub anything at all. I have an 8' Fisher Snow Plow(pretty damn heavy) and when the plow is on the truck and there is added weight and spring compression on the front end, the tires still dont rub at all. As far as the instability issue you have, I dont think I have any stability issues, my truck drives awesome and I'm very satisfied!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.