Airbag light on? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Airbag light on?

My airbag light blinks on for about 30 seconds or so after I start the truck...then just stays on constantly...I haven't hit anything and they haven't deployed, so I don't have a clue why they are on...any ideas on how I can get it to cut off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 AM

I don't have an answer but heres a
Old 01-10-2008, 11:10 AM

when I start the truck...the light blinks 2 times then stops for a second then it blinks 7 times...it does that over a couple times then just stays on all the time
Old 01-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Does your indicator light for your passenger side airbag work when you have it turned off? If it does not work then the code you get will be a "PAD switch warning light short to battery"....(simpler put, the airbag indicator lamp for the passenger airbag being turned off is burned out). Mine did the same thing and instead of spending too much money having the switch replaced I just removed the switch and resoldered a new bulb in and it has been fine ever since. Radio Shack has bulbs that will work and my total investment is about $1.00!!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had this problem and found that my driverside wheel brearing was bad. You might want to check your front wheel bearings. Replaced bearings and light whent off. Also i had my light come on when my Speed sensor whent bad on top of my rear diff. I replaced the speed sensor and light whent off. You might want to try to change that out. It was under $20 from Napa.

Let me know if this helps.

Kyle :icon_ ford:
Old 01-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok sorry everyone. I thought that it was your ABS light on not your Airbag. Sorry for the confustion.

Kyle
Old 01-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_1724 View Post
Ok sorry everyone. I thought that it was your ABS light on not your Airbag. Sorry for the confustion.

Kyle
I was reading your last post and like...WHAT? Whats that got to do with the airbag light. Mine is flashing too so I also am looking for answers.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleastang View Post
Does your indicator light for your passenger side airbag work when you have it turned off? If it does not work then the code you get will be a "PAD switch warning light short to battery"....(simpler put, the airbag indicator lamp for the passenger airbag being turned off is burned out). Mine did the same thing and instead of spending too much money having the switch replaced I just removed the switch and resoldered a new bulb in and it has been fine ever since. Radio Shack has bulbs that will work and my total investment is about $1.00!!
you're right...its the passenger airbag light...it's burnt out...one of my buddies told me about it yesterday...do I just have to take the radio out to reach back to the bulb?

Thanks for the help
Old 01-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I was able to pop off the front dash cover and use a thumbwheel ratchet to access the screws from the backside. Once you get the cover pulled out some you can unplug the harness then remove the screws. I noticed a few other forums on Ford trucks mentioned the same fix and had the Radio Shack part numbers listed for the bulbs. I don't have my number written down but basically a 12V bulb, with terminals, will work that is small and one where you can solder either the bulb leads to the board or you can use two short wire leads to the bulb then to the board; either one will work. I connected 2 short wire leads to mine and soldered the connections. 1 1/2 years and still working and you can use whatever color you want(I have red now versus the factory orange/yellow light). A google search will find you some other folks who have done the same fix. Good luck.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.