Radiator hose ???s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Radiator hose ???s

i keep smelling hot antifreeze when i get out of my truck. i finally noticed today that the thermostat housing has a white mist around it. i assume the stamped ford crap is bad and plan to order dieselsite's billet housing. my question is should I do the 203 t-stat? also, I am going to replace to upper hose to the dual alternator one. anyone have a part number? should i also replace the lower hose, or leave it alone since its not leaking?

2000 F250 XcabSB, 4x4, 4" strait pipe, DIY intake, FRx, BDP tunes, WW2, 6.0 cooler, BTS VB, gauges, 55w digital projector HIDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, I like my 203*F thermo. DEFINITELY the billet housing.
But, when I went to do what you're planning, my thermo housing bolts snapped off in the pump . . . as well as the lower metal elbow bolts . . . so had to get a new pump too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 F-350 Lariat Super Duty, Dually, CCLB, 7.3L
4R100, 2wd
330,000 + miles
post #3 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
that's one thing i am scared of. would you worry about the lower hose since it isn't leaking?

2000 F250 XcabSB, 4x4, 4" strait pipe, DIY intake, FRx, BDP tunes, WW2, 6.0 cooler, BTS VB, gauges, 55w digital projector HIDs
post #4 of 6 Old 03-04-2013, 07:09 PM

The hose? Nah. Hoses are rarely an issue on these. The lower metal tube where it seals to the pump is a diff story. Not common, but definitely not unheard of.
And to get it all to seal up right, I had to use blue silicone.

2000 F-350 Lariat Super Duty, Dually, CCLB, 7.3L
4R100, 2wd
330,000 + miles
post #5 of 6 Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 AM

Dual alternator radiator hose - OEM Part# F81Z-8260-CA

A word of advise. The new housing will come with a new gasket. Use some type of sealer between the new billet housing to the pump.

After my installation I had a leak there. The stamped garbage that Ford put on rust's an corrodes which puts pits in the water pump housing and is difficult to seal with just the rubber seal.

Jason

O.T.F.D. Volunteer 19

Great White - 2003 7.3l F-250 4x4 CCSB -102,000 miles and tickin
DIY intake - 4" Straight pipe - HPX - CAT ELC - 203 t stat - billet t stat housing - coolant filter - dual alt radiator hose - 12V Air compressor - 5 gallon air tank - Air line quick connects - AIR HORNS!

Hers: 2013 VW Jetta TDI

post #6 of 6 Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
X3 on the RTV when using the billet housing. I thought I was going to get lucky with just the O-ring, but I ended up having to redo it with RTV later.

I also found a leak on the lower metal pipe on mine, like what jesilvas mentioned. A new O-ring from Ford fixed that without using any sealants. You might want to just check to make sure no leaks exist at this location, since you'll already have to drain some coolant to replace the thermostat housing.

2000 F350 4X4 CCSB w/ 7.3 and 4R100
PIS 175/80, Adrenaline HPOP, 4" Exhaust, 6637 Filter, CCV Mod, Leveled Front, 315/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode