Clutch slip and other problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch slip and other problems

Hi everybody, been reading on here for a while but just decided to join.
Ok my dad has a 99 f350 7.3 6spd. He bought about 6months ago and it looks brand new with almost 70k on it. It has a banks chip, exhaust, and big head actuator. One day i was driving it to the air port and when i floored it and it pulled hard for a few seconds then fell on its nose and accelerated very slow. Now ever since when ur cruising at about 60 and floor it it does about the same thing. It seems like the rpms climb a little faster then the speed right before it does it so my question is if the cltuch was sliping would it defuel itself?
Another problem is about a month after we bought it the check engine light came on and it says P1396 bank 2 glow plugs module or something like that. we tested the main power wire and it pulls about the right amount of amps(dont remeber how many) so it seems like all the glow plugs are working. ive heard that this is a glitch in the 99 manuals, is that true?
and the last question for now is we had it at the dealer for the CPS recall and after we picked it up it gaves a code for cam over advance. we took it back to the dealer and they said they only found the 1396 and a code for PCM memory failure. any ideas here?
i know its alot to read but thanks for any advice
P.S. my dads gettin tired of the problems and i dont want him to sell it so please help

thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 11:06 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
clutch slippage the engine will rev high but you will get no power to the wheels. if your having a problem with it defueling get a map fooler for it. that should cure that problem. also banks is gay so it could just be some sort of a limiter in your chip. as far as the codes hopefully marc will be along later to help ya whith that.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:13 PM

ya i thought about the fooler but the truck hasnt always done it, just started all the sudden (right after we put diesel kleen in?) and it only gets to about 12-13psi before it cuts out, but while acelerating in gears 1-4 it will climb to 18psi
thanks for the ideas
Old 01-07-2008, 01:48 AM

you waste gate my be pre maturely opening too.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:33 AM

South Bend all the way for the Clutch. Nothing Banks for sure.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:12 PM

just curious whats wrong with the banks chip, exhaust or the big head?
Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM

banks tunes just arent optimal for making power they believe in low or no smoke and worry to much about emision standards and im not sure howto word this but most of their products are dummy prooof so you dont fry your motor. some times you have to be able to push the limits to make peak power potential.

nothing wrong with the big head but most people around here just disable the waste gate so thye dont loose boost preasure and exhaust is exhaust.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:37 PM

one thing i do like about banks is the fact that even after the kit was on it every ford dealer it was every at while under warrenty covered it and didnt mention the banks... i dont know if that is so true about some of the other companys.
and it does make plenty of horse power for my dad. it is suppose to be 100 more hp and 200more tq
now if it was me i might get a different chip or tuner just for the fun of it but for my dad that doesnt like working on vehicles and just wants them to run i think banks is good

thanks for the help
Old 01-08-2008, 02:04 PM

anyone have any more ideas?
could it be the HPOP? would it give me a code for that? and how about the pcm memory failure?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.