TW 6 POS chip issues...Touchy throttle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TW 6 POS chip issues...Touchy throttle

I have been trying to figure out my touchy throttle issue since I bought my chip in Aug of 2012. I have sent it back 2x for a reburn with no luck. I dont know if it is my truck or the chip. Im starting to think its my truck thats causing the problem.

When I accelerate from a stop on any position other than stock the truck takes off abruptly. It will spin the tires on anything but dry pavement. It just snaps your neck and takes off. It doesnt really shift all that great either (stock is better) and when the torque converter locks it bogs the truck down. Needless to say I just drive the truck in the stock position. I used my AE and watched my ICP and when it takes off abruptly the pressure jumps accordingly. (700 to 1500psi instantly)

I just bought a different PCM thinking the connection was bad where the chip contacted it, no change. So I thought my IPR was sticking, just replaced that with a new motorcraft one, no change. My ICP sensor is fairly new also. And my CPS is a year old gray one. Both front ABS sensors are brand new and I cleaned the rear one on the diff. The only thing else I can think of is my TPS giving off a bad reading.

Does anyone have any ideas what else it could be? Im getting sick of throwing money at my truck for no reason.

BTW when I take the chip out or drive in the stock setting I have no issues at all. Throttle is smooth and my transmission shifts great (less than a year old)
I also have a Diablo chip that came with my truck and when I plug it in it drives great too. No issues at all. So is it my TW chip or my truck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Shifting great is objective. To me, great is firm and quick. Stock is smooth and slow. Not good for it.
As for throttle work, you'd have to monitor it to see what it's reading.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM

My 2003 7.3 does this too. Its driving me crazy. I figured it was to do with being manual and having 4.10 gears. I have sent my DP tuner back 3 times. I used to run an edge with no issues. I have run a SCT with no issues. Just got my DP back today and its worse than ever i think. There is a flat spot on initial peddle engagement then bang!! full go. Its like driving with a toggle switch. ON and OFF. Also fine in stock setting or with the chip unplugged.

What is the deal with the ABS sensors? Wouldnt think they were responsible for that. But im willing to try anything at this point.

Whats your computer code??
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 AM

This may sound odd. I changed my throttle peddle with another one i had sitting around. It is a older style with a coiled up spring around the pivot shaft. It bolts directly to the fire wall. The newer one was all self contained in a box bolted to a bracket then to the fire wall.

Anyway. The peddle is more firm. This makes it easier to control. Also making it easier to stop the bucking fits. However there is still an on off problem. All i can say is good thing i just replaced all my u joints!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.