Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

First Timer Here W/ Questions !!!!!!

785 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bigwhite7.3stroker 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just got my first dulley 2000 7.3 f-350 lariat crew cab,

was woundering. . . . . . . .

1. I want to simply take a Saw-Zaw or Saw and cutt the muffler and take it off and throw it away, im not going to put a new pipe or anything JUST CUT OFF and throw away, that way it will be loud, RIGHT. . . . . ???

2. Will It Hurt My Motor, or will it hurt ANYTHING.

3. I Want Smoke, Big Black THICK Smoke, How Can I Get That.

Sorry But Im A BRAND NEW Member This Diesel Stuff PLEASE HELP.

THANKS ALL

#2 ·
I would at least run the end of the pipe out in front of the back tire....if it ends under the cab you will get exhaust drone..I would also add a cold air intake like the Napa 6637 filter for around 50 bucks..it will breath better and you will here the turbo whistle a lot more...after that..add some gauges..pyro for exhaust temps..boost gauge,, and if you have an auto Trans...you will want a Trans temp gauge..after you do that....add a chip and watch the smoke roll...

#3 ·
:ORG welcome: :agree: Just make sure to get the gauges before a chip, and I would get a custom chip such as DP tuner or Tony Wildman.

#4 ·
:ORG welcome: I would definitely run the exhaust out the side of the truck. The soot will stick to the underside of your truck and make a big mess.

#5 ·
i did it to my truck and its louder, i think.... if you go through a tunnel its loud i ran it out just infront of the rear tire and it is fine. if you really wanna look and sound cool put on some sacks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.